Shows on the Horizon?

norwane

I saw someone had posted on FB there were not any shows on the Horizon?   Because a cast member passed away at the end of December?    Has anyone else heard about this?   If they are not doing shows in the evening, what entertainment has been offered?   Will there be shows for our sailing this Saturday?  

That all being said, I'm not worried about the shows - I'm sure we will keep ourselves entertained!    Just curious (and I'm sure my husband would say nosy!  :classic_blush:  :classic_rolleyes:

If this is accurate, I hope the friends and family of the crew member are doing okay.

Thoughts with the family and crew.

The Horizon had some really good shows. Hopefully, they will be able to get them back up and running soon. I am sure the crew, especially the dancers/singers are having a hard time with this situation. 😞

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 3:28 PM, norwane said:

I saw someone had posted on FB there were not any shows on the Horizon?   Because a cast member passed away at the end of December?    Has anyone else heard about this?   If they are not doing shows in the evening, what entertainment has been offered?   Will there be shows for our sailing this Saturday?  

That all being said, I'm not worried about the shows - I'm sure we will keep ourselves entertained!    Just curious (and I'm sure my husband would say nosy!  :classic_blush:  :classic_rolleyes:

If this is accurate, I hope the friends and family of the crew member are doing okay.

First off, condolences to the family and friends of the performer that passed.

Performers usually have back ups.   People can get sick or hurt any day, I highly doubt it stops the shows from happening.   They can also eliminate a part of the show if need be, but I would be highly doubtful that it would stop the performances on future sailings.

Maybe on that particular sailing, if the member passed, they cancelled the shows to give the members sometime to grieve, but as they say..the show must go on.

42 minutes ago, bingomamma19 said:

First off, condolences to the family and friends of the performer that passed.

Performers usually have back ups.   People can get sick or hurt any day, I highly doubt it stops the shows from happening.   They can also eliminate a part of the show if need be, but I would be highly doubtful that it would stop the performances on future sailings.

Maybe on that particular sailing, if the member passed, they cancelled the shows to give the members sometime to grieve, but as they say..the show must go on.

AS I mentioned, they train as a team for months before going on the ships.  You may highly doubt they cancelled the shows due to the death of a team member, but you would be wrong.  Of course the show will resume, when the timing is right.

Maybe it’s different on other cruise lines, but on a recent cruise, a cast member injured their leg and could not perform. The person was not a main performer. During the backstage tours, the dance lead explained that they have to reblock the stage (there are numbers taped all over the stage), and they just work around it and make adjustments. I’m sure it’s a different story when it’s a lead.

14 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

AS I mentioned, they train as a team for months before going on the ships.  You may highly doubt they cancelled the shows due to the death of a team member, but you would be wrong.  Of course the show will resume, when the timing is right.

Have you been on the Horizon since this happened?  Do you personally know that the shows were cancelled since then?  Since thousands of people are on it every week since December and not 1 person has come on here to say there were no shows, I am going to go with my first thought of the shows went on after that particular sailing. 

With those who complain simply over tablecloths or pillow mints no longer on board, I am confident we would have heard of the shows being cancelled on peoples cruises on the horizon...  Carnivals newest, biggest,  largest ship. 

All shows, land based or cruise based, practice together as a team.   Things happen all the time to performers...you cant cancel upcoming shows because of it.   There are contingency plans.   We were just on the Legend in August, one of the main performers in the shows got sick a few days...the shows still were performed, just without that person.

Edited by bingomamma19
addtional info

35 minutes ago, bingomamma19 said:

Have you been on the Horizon since this happened?  Do you personally know that the shows were cancelled since then?  Since thousands of people are on it every week since December and not 1 person has come on here to say there were no shows, I am going to go with my first thought of the shows went on after that particular sailing. 

With those who complain simply over tablecloths or pillow mints no longer on board, I am confident we would have heard of the shows being cancelled on peoples cruises on the horizon...  Carnivals newest, biggest,  largest ship. 

All shows, land based or cruise based, practice together as a team.   Things happen all the time to performers...you cant cancel upcoming shows because of it.   There are contingency plans.   We were just on the Legend in August, one of the main performers in the shows got sick a few days...the shows still were performed, just without that person.

The shows were cancelled last week for whole sailing. There has been a letter from Carnival floating around on Facebook directly related to it. 

6 minutes ago, Jeffy294 said:

The shows were cancelled last week for whole sailing. There has been a letter from Carnival floating around on Facebook directly related to it. 

Do you have a screen shot or copy of that to share?  If its floating around, you must have seen it?

Edited by bingomamma19

1 minute ago, bingomamma19 said:

Do you have a screen shot or copy of that to share?  If its floating around, you must have seen it?

I did see it. And Jimbo is correct. I don't have a copy, I didn't feel the need to save it. Carnival cancelled all shows and filled in the entertainment with different events. I'm thinking Mike Pack may have even mentioned it on his Facebook, but I could be wrong about that.

I saw the letter in my stateroom on the last sailing.  They did indeed cancel the shows, but I understand that they filled in with a bunch of there shows and things trying to make up for it.  I believe that a cast member committed suicide and so the whole cast may need some time to deal with that before resuming. 

Edited by PrincessDuck

4 hours ago, bingomamma19 said:

I said they would be resumed when they were ready.  I have not been on since then.  I have talked to someone in Playlist about why they cancelled for that cruise.  You said you found it hard to beleive that they could not do a show without one performer.  The shows were cancelled to respect the performer who died and they do not have “understudies” for all positions.  Whether they have resumed or not, I was posting as to the reason and the facts behind it and the fact the shows were in fact cancelled.  So now posters who were on the cruise echo my statements and you want to see it in writing.  Now you know the reason behind the death maybe you can move on....wow.

3 hours ago, Jeffy294 said:

I did see it. And Jimbo is correct. I don't have a copy, I didn't feel the need to save it. Carnival cancelled all shows and filled in the entertainment with different events. I'm thinking Mike Pack may have even mentioned it on his Facebook, but I could be wrong about that.

Thanks, I doubt the poster will beleive you either.....

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

We just got back from our cruise on the Horizon.   The information was accurate, in that the shows were cancelled for the previous weeks cruise, and part of ours, due to the death of a performer.   It seemed to me that Carnival really kept this news and information on the down low.   No announcements were made about the lack of shows.  I did ask a crew member, and he said that the last cast member had just arrived that day (either Curacao or Aruba).   He also said the company (Carnival) has been very supportive for them.  I think it was day 5 or 6 before there was a show??  I believe they filled the evenings with magicians, etc.   There were only two productions done on the main stage.   We saw one show and it was very good.     I would think all of the performers and shows should be back on track now.

On 1/14/2019 at 9:07 AM, bingomamma19 said:

I found the copy of the letter floating around on Facebook, if anyone's still interested...

49696319_2008294779218768_4587709878893543424_n.jpg