Price Adjustment

muffin1327

If you book a Gurantee Oceanview room and are told you will not be assigned a room until you board are you entitled to a price adjustment if the gurantee price is reduced?  We were booked as a 04-GTY if we do not qualify for a price reduction how does one see if the price goes down and one qualifies honor system?

On speaking with Celebrity I was told that we had been assigned a room and gave me the number so I guess that is Celebrities way of not honouring the guarantee price reduction currently posted on their site very confused.

9 minutes ago, muffin1327 said:

If you book a Gurantee Oceanview room and are told you will not be assigned a room until you board are you entitled to a price adjustment if the gurantee price is reduced?  We were booked as a 04-GTY if we do not qualify for a price reduction how does one see if the price goes down and one qualifies honor system?

On speaking with Celebrity I was told that we had been assigned a room and gave me the number so I guess that is Celebrities way of not honouring the guarantee price reduction currently posted on their site very confused.

Isn't their guarantee priced reduction policy only if the price is reduced within 48 hours from creation of the booking?

27 minutes ago, NLH Arizona said:

Isn't their guarantee priced reduction policy only if the price is reduced within 48 hours from creation of the booking?

OP is referring to the price reduction on a Guarantee Cabin - not to the policy your are correctly describing.

OP - if you are still prior to final payment and the published fare for your guarantee cabin category drops, then you should be able to have your reservation repriced to the lower fare if your booked it in the US. And if their rep says no, then merely cancel your reservation and rebook it at the lower fare.

Sorry, just noticed you are from Ontario - not sure, but I believe the above is also true for Canadian reservations.

Edited by NantahalaCruiser

1 hour ago, muffin1327 said:

Price Guarantee listed on Celebrity site is only for price reductions you find elsewhere within 48 hours of booking.    You are entitled to a price reduction if the price drops prior to final payment.    

To check if price has gone down you can easily log onto Celebrity and do a mock booking.