Recent status match, Marriott

SGCruiser2013

They matched my husband's Marriott gold status to gold Voyager's in the summer.  He's now Platinum Premier.  I've thought about asking for the upgrade with MSC but likely won't go to the trouble based on this post.  These boards indicate that they're dialing back most of what made them so attractive above the other lines and this seems to be one those areas where they won't be as generous.

10 hours ago, cathep said:

They matched my husband's Marriott gold status to gold Voyager's in the summer.  He's now Platinum Premier.  I've thought about asking for the upgrade with MSC but likely won't go to the trouble based on this post.  These boards indicate that they're dialing back most of what made them so attractive above the other lines and this seems to be one those areas where they won't be as generous.

Your husband is stuck – they will only match once.  But if you have Marriott status you could get a match yourself.

On 1/13/2019 at 1:59 AM, Host Jazzbeau said:

Your husband is stuck – they will only match once.  But if you have Marriott status you could get a match yourself.

That doesn't surprise me.  Thanks for that feedback.

Update - didn't hear back quickly on my email inquiry re: reconsider status match, so I called & talked to Voyager dept. Very friendly associate who confirmed to me that their current policy is Marriott Platinum Premier Elite only matches to MSC Silver and not Gold or Black. She also indicated that highest Marriott status only now matches to Gold. I asked if there was a recent change and she said periodically there are changes but she couldn't say when exactly the most recent change had been. Seems like from various threads the matches have tightened considerably. If anyone else has a recent Marriott status match that's different would love to hear about it. Glad to have at least a Silver match, but the Marriott Platinum Premier is a pretty darn high status so still disappointed. Perhaps hotel matches are more tightened than other cruise programs.