Proper amount to tip tour guide for free tour

HOSKI

We have booked a free food tour and the website says all tips to the guide will be donated to charity.  Can others let me know what they have tipped per person or what I should expect to tip per person?

I hope someone responds to this post. Usually on other cruises we tipped our guide anywhere from 5 to 10 dollars per person, and a couple of dollars per person to the driver. But Strawberry Tours are free, so I may tip more depending on the type of tour and guide. 

On 1/10/2019 at 9:30 PM, HOSKI said:

We have booked a free food tour and the website says all tips to the guide will be donated to charity.  Can others let me know what they have tipped per person or what I should expect to tip per person?

When are you going to Cuba?

My experience is to tip $5 to $10 per person on a tour.  If the company / guide want to donate it to charity, that's their  business.

In Cuba, becoming a tour guide seems to be a very desirable side gig.  Several guides mentioned it paid much better than their government day jobs.

Our 4 hour evening Strawberry Tour got cancelled due to our ship leaving early, but we had planned to tip (pay) about 2/3 of the total amount that we paid for our 6 hour tour in the daytime with another company.

Plus a little more , probably, since we tipped our guide about 20% after the day tour.

Private tours overall are very inexpensive in Havana, I see no reason to be miserly. 

We will be in Havana on May 29th.  There are five of us so I was thinking $50.  That would be what I normally tip a guide on a tour I pay for.  There is no driver just the walking guide. 

• 1 month later...
On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 6:08 AM, Magnetchief said:

We did the bar hop with strawberry tours, 

4 of us gave the guide $20 each. 

I would love to know more about this tour. I know it's about 4 hours. Can you leave early if you want?

10 hours ago, victory2020 said:

I would love to know more about this tour. I know it's about 4 hours. Can you leave early if you want?

If you do a search there is a full review from our trip.

Yes you can leave early, we left around midnight before the last stop at a Cuban Nightclub. 

We were tired.