First time on DCL - am I pooched? (Princess Meet and Greet Tickets)

rinse82

Hi all -

Experienced RCI cruiser making the jump to DCL to take our three kids (aged 5, 2 and 2)  - I know that Castaway Club members will get earlier access to pre-booking and I won't get a crack until 75 days out.

Obviously, my 5 yo daughter is obsessed with Disney Princesses, and was wondering if any other passengers had experience with pre-booking for the meet and greets as a first-time DCL cruiser?  Is there any availability when the 75-day window opens, or will I have to hope that there are still tickets available the minute we board the ship?  I'll get my sprinting shoes ready and make a b-line to the port adventures desk!

Thanks in advance!

Good Morning... I've been on several DCL cruises and never had a problem getting the tickets for the princesses meet and greet when the window opens.  I would book it the day it opens though.  It's a wonderful experience.  Enjoy!

Maryjo

The length of you cruise is a factor. The longer the cruise, meaning more opportunities for meet and greets, the better your chances. But don't sweat it. Even if there's nothing available by  the time your booking window opens, you can always check with guest services when you board.

It's one of the things that does tend to sell out online. There were no spots when we booked at the 75 day mark for a 7 day. However, all is not lost. Start haunting the DCL website about 4 weeks from sailing. People solidify plans and cancel. Also, don't be afraid to book for part of your party to get your foot in the door. About four weeks out, I was able to book for myself and my daughter. Then a week later, I was able to find a single slot for my partner.

If that doesn't work, see guest services when you get on board. 

Also, haunt the balcony above the atrium and that's where the secret entrance to Character Land seems to be. We had some incredible extended time alone with several characters, including my daughter doing the standard ballet poses with Goofy and a long one on one with Arial.

• Like 1

You've gotten most of the hints in the above replies.  You MIGHT get it at 75 days, depending on ship, length of cruise, etc.  If that doesn't work, keep checking the DCL site.  People do change plans and those that are kind relinquish their tickets...so you might get them there.  If all else fails, go to the Port Adventures desk after boarding and ask to be waitlisted if none are available (I know, the location is a little illogical but it shortens the Guest Services line).  Again, people who change plans might turn in tickets.

You will have LOTS of chances to see princesses, even if the "Princess Gathering" had no free tickets remaining.  As others have mentioned, we've had great one on one time...deck 10 on embarkation day, deck 4 near Shutters is one of their entrances, even on elevators.  If they are returning from a meet and greet, they will often spend a minute or two with you.  If they are on the way to somewhere, you are more likely to get a few seconds and an apology.  The furries can be found around the ship regularly.  Goofy and Max have even showed up in the (adult only) fitness center!