Amber Cove & La Romana, DR

Gallivanting Souls

I am looking at (possibly) doing a cruise that goes to both Amber Cove and La Romana, DR. One tour that interests me is 27 Waterfalls, Damajagua. Which port do most do this tour out of?

Is one port better for just a free/cheap beach day (like Grand Turk or ?)

This cruise also goes to Aruba and Curacao. No clue for things to do at either of these ports either. Any ideas?

My DH is not much of a beach person. If we go to the 27 Waterfalls he will get wet. If we are at a beach, he will walk the beach. We have done island tours and historical sites. We like to take photos. We are pretty chill. Look forward to your ideas.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/11/2019 at 8:57 AM, KarimaJ said:

The waterfalls is Amber Cove port. I'm debating if we want to do this. I heard about the cable car in Puerta Plata (Amber Cove) but I'm leery of this. You could get great views and pictures on that.

My family of 8 did this last year. The kids LOVED it. Best thing we have done on the islands. 

• 1 month later...

We did the waterfalls in Amber Cove last year.  You can read a review in my signature (Carnival Conquest cruise).  We used Iguana mama for our tour guide.  The ship excursion only let you do 8 of the waterfalls and wanted to do all 27.