Fun Shops Party Trays

MistyRo76

Has anyone ordered any of the food trays available thru Fun Shops to be delivered to their cabin? Specifically I was looking at the Sushi Party Tray or the Canape Party Tray. Thinking of hosting a little cocktail hour in our cabin on our April cruise and thought one of these would be fun to get for our little group! 

I had a cheese platter delivered to my cabin several years ago, and it was very nice. I can’t voug for how they are now, but back then (2007) it was one of the gifts from our TA. I never order any now, as there is no room in my inside cabin for a party. We meet up with everyone elsewhere.

Our only experience with this was for our cruise on the Ecstasy in 2017, we were gifted 2 small pastry trays thru the Fun Shops by friends. When we arrived in our cabin, we had two cards telling us to contact room service to arrange for delivery. When we called to get one of them, we were told they had to be made and it would be at least a couple of hours before it would be delivered. We went out for a bit, came back to the cabin later to both trays sitting on the desk. We couldn't eat that much at once and we had no fridge, so most of it went to waste as they didn't keep very long.  

9 hours ago, schazzy said:

Our only experience with this was for our cruise on the Ecstasy in 2017, we were gifted 2 small pastry trays thru the Fun Shops by friends. When we arrived in our cabin, we had two cards telling us to contact room service to arrange for delivery. When we called to get one of them, we were told they had to be made and it would be at least a couple of hours before it would be delivered. We went out for a bit, came back to the cabin later to both trays sitting on the desk. We couldn't eat that much at once and we had no fridge, so most of it went to waste as they didn't keep very long.  

This is one reason I hesitate to order any, besides the fact that there is no room to entertain anyone in an inside cabin. With all the food we are eating out and about, that would only go to waste.

• Like 1