Anthem - Best Deck for Family?

dslucas

Hello all!

We are looking to take our first cruise with RCI in May and will be bringing our 9 month old son along. We loved the option of the Royal Babies daycare program one Anthem and this sold us over flying to Bermuda and getting a house.

We were interested in a Jr Suite first but the ~$1100 price difference over a Balcony room didn’t really do it for us. So now we are looking at a Balcony room, mid ship. My question- I know some of the staterooms are located above noisey areas and some locations are better than others. Does anyone have any suggestions on best location for our family to book our stateroom? 

Thanks! 

Hi

I'd say any balcony from 8-10 mid ship would be good, away from the elevators...3 decks up from the Royal Esplanade and far enough down from the pool deck.  

Edited by torbs
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, dslucas said:

Hello all!

We are looking to take our first cruise with RCI in May and will be bringing our 9 month old son along. We loved the option of the Royal Babies daycare program one Anthem and this sold us over flying to Bermuda and getting a house.

We were interested in a Jr Suite first but the ~$1100 price difference over a Balcony room didn’t really do it for us. So now we are looking at a Balcony room, mid ship. My question- I know some of the staterooms are located above noisey areas and some locations are better than others. Does anyone have any suggestions on best location for our family to book our stateroom? 

Thanks! 

I would not go with the JS, Anthem balcony cabins are good size and will have plenty of space for a pack and play.  I would go deck 8 or higher midship or toward the aft.  We have sailed near the forward elevators on Anthem and thought there was a lot of motion.  We have also sailed just past the aft elevators and also all the way aft and we like that a lot better.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, torbs said:

One other thing, Adventure Ocean is on deck 11/12

Hmm...Most of the available "mid" cabins on deck 11 seem to be near Adventure Ocean.  Does this mean tons of people walking past those cabins enroute to AO?  May want to avoid that particular area if so.

I appreciate your responses! 😀

Anthem is a big ship. To me being near elevator / Stairs is the way to go. Never had  a lot of traffic or noise in those areas. Had a jr suite right in the middle of the ship last summer, and didn't care for the location. 

• Thanks 1