Opinions needed. Ship all sold out 18 months out?

vickykay

We are interested in booking the Constellation formSept 5, 2020.  Most of the ship is blocked out.  I can’t imagine that it’s almost complete,y booked so far out.  Does this mean that probably large groups have booked it?  Thanks everyone.

Vicky

might be a group, might be TA's holding cabins to sell.....but plenty of C3 and A2 cabins available on that cruise.

That's a very popular itinerary (adriatic)...may well be booked this far out.

Edited by ghstudio

I just looked, as well. It looks like almost every stateroom class has availability. I didn't go through them all.

It could be that deposits are in place but that will change with time. If you have a favorite stateroom or level of stateroom it's good to check on a daily basis, especially within six months of sailing. There is a lot of cancellation just before final payment. And, unfortunately, some people book several staterooms if their deposit will be returned, so it may appear the ship is sold out when there will be openings close to final payment.

Occasionally, Celebrity plays the "guaranteed stateroom" game......that is, they just don't assign cabins, holding them for families that might want to travel together or possible groups.  Seems crazy, but we just experienced that on a cruise we wanted to book in 2019.  We weren't willing to just take any cabin they assigned, so I tried a new tactic.  We booked the follow on cruise (B2B), contingent on not having to move cabins between cruises.....funny thing happened....celebrity suddenly had a choice of cabin assignments for us.  As it turns out, we are actually going to take both cruises even though that wasn't our original plan...but I'm pretty confident that if we cancelled that second cruise, our cabin assignment would still be in place for the first cruise.

Thanks everyone.  It just seemed unusual that large chunks of rooms were not available and have heard stories about large groups taking over the ship.  ( also dint realize this posted twice)

Vicky