St. Maarten/San Juan or Key West/Cozumel Itinerary?

caroak

I've been in all 4 ports in the past 6 months, San Juan and St. Martin most recently in October. Both are back up and running. Even La Samanna has finally reopened  in St. Martin.

This of course depends on what you enjoy, but I'd put both stops miles ahead of Key West. While I'm not wild about Cozumel, if you have an interest in non-eurocentric history, Chichen Itza is fabulous.  I recommend Fly Cozumel's air package.

Other than the pre-columbian history aspect that Cozumel offers, I'd do the Eastern itinerary hands down.

Either way, have a great trip!

I think we'll do the Key West/Cozumel/Costa Maya/Grand Cayman itinerary the reason being there are only two sea days not three like the San Juan/Tortola/St./Maarten and San Juan is only 3:30 pm-11:00 pm so would just spend a few hours there before dinner or maybe not even get off the ship.  I've been to San Juan and St. Maarten many years ago on land trips and would enjoy the St. Maarten stop but prefer less sea days so we could at least get off the ship for a bit.  Wouldn't mind snorkeling but not a must do.  This cruise would just be a get away in December for some relaxation and warmer weather.  We live in CA so no shortage of warm weather although we do get cooler weather and some rain in the winter.

Carole

In December you should still be okay for water activities in Key West and Cozumel. It'll be chillier than STM and SJ, but still doable. Most of the time you don't really have to worry about a strong cold front hitting KW in December, either.

I think both are good, but you're right to do western if you want more time off the boat.

10 hours ago, caroak said:

The cruise starts December 8 so maybe not as cool as it would be in late December or January and can always do with less humidity.

On our cruise in Key West, the water activities were cancelled due to "cold" air temperatures.  Temps were in the 50s.  Key West is a nice port for a long walk with plenty to see on foot.  There is also a nice trolley that travels the area.