Bottled water question on Majestic?

rentlady

12 minutes ago, rentlady said:

How do I go about ordering bottled water to be waiting in my cabin? In the pass I ordered it on the Princess site but can’t find it.

now. Thanks!

If its available on your cruise its in your booking on the personalizer under onboard reservation-beverage package, then scroll to the bottom.

Someone mentioned recently that it is not available on Australian cruises.

I had never heard that before.

7 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Someone mentioned recently that it is not available on Australian cruises.

I had never heard that before.

Literally within days of the 12 pack first appearing for pre-order a couple years ago it was pulled from  Australia sailings. With no explanation and so far no return.

1 hour ago, fishywood said:

Literally within days of the 12 pack first appearing for pre-order a couple years ago it was pulled from  Australia sailings. With no explanation and so far no return.

I asked Princess why we couldn't order it for our Australia/New Zealand cruise and she said she had no idea why it was not allowed.

22 hours ago, jammer5122 said:

I asked Princess why we couldn't order it for our Australia/New Zealand cruise and she said she had no idea why it was not allowed.

You cant pre purchase any kind of drinks packages on cruises departing Australia /new Zealand. This was done due to the exchange rates being different from pre purchase to embarkation day.  A lot of times people would pre purchase packages and then it would be cheaper on board and a hassle to get refunded difference so they stopped pre purchasing availability. 

They have tables set up onboard to sell drinks packages once you board. They may do the water package at them, I haven't asked and keep forgetting as I used to get the water package. 🤔

17 hours ago, bronzy85 said:

You cant pre purchase any kind of drinks packages on cruises departing Australia /new Zealand. This was done due to the exchange rates being different from pre purchase to embarkation day.  A lot of times people would pre purchase packages and then it would be cheaper on board and a hassle to get refunded difference so they stopped pre purchasing availability. 

They have tables set up onboard to sell drinks packages once you board. They may do the water package at them, I haven't asked and keep forgetting as I used to get the water package. 🤔

Thanks for the info. Will try to buy water package on board.

37 minutes ago, jammer5122 said:

Thanks for the info. Will try to buy water package on board.

That's the one thing you can't buy onboard, unfortunately.

If possible try to get to a local supermarket before embarkation and buy some water packs - you can get 24 500ml bottles for around AU $9-8. Tape a luggage label on the pack(s) and hand in with your other luggage to be delivered to your cabin. 

20 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

That's the one thing you can't buy onboard, unfortunately.

If possible try to get to a local supermarket before embarkation and buy some water packs - you can get 24 500ml bottles for around AU $9-8. Tape a luggage label on the pack(s) and hand in with your other luggage to be delivered to your cabin. 

We have done this before. Throw it into a small duffle bag add a luggage tag and it gets delivered. Will do this again. Thanks for letting me know we can't buy it on board.

35 minutes ago, thistledoo said:

Not only cruises from Australia - there is none showing to Australia from Asia on the Sun Princess.

According to the Gifts and Services catalog it is not available at all on the two year round Down Under-based ships:

Bottled Water Package    
Stay hydrated and refreshed throughout your cruise with 12 (500 ml) bottles of water conveniently delivered to your stateroom. Price includes service charge.
For pre-cruise purchase ONLY through Cruise Personalizer. Package is not currently offered on Sea and Sun Princess or Diamond, Emerald or Golden Princess voyages departing from and returning to Australia and New Zealand.
Item #0526 $6.90
for 12 (500 ml) bottles

(though note that this listing has not updated which ships are on partial-year Australia deployment; Diamond & Emerald should be replaced by Ruby & Majestic--and in late 2020 Regal will replace one of those and/or Golden. As usual left hand not talking to the right hand except to occasionally wave one finger).

Edited by fishywood

5 hours ago, thistledoo said:

Not only cruises from Australia - there is none showing to Australia from Asia on the Sun Princess.

That counts as an Australian cruise, unfortunately, so no water packages. 😡

It's very annoying.