Big Bus HOHO Abu Dhabi

Sloppy Sue

33 minutes ago, Sloppy Sue said:

We are sailing on the Splendida in a few weeks. Has anyone done the Big Bus Hop on/off tour in Abu Dhabi? Is there a pickup location near the cruise terminal? 

Thanks! 

Have you checked their website?  I’m not familiar with the HoHo routes in Abu Dhabi but I do know that here in Dubai they operate a link route (I think it is the Green route) whenever there are ships at the cruise terminals.  This route then connects with the main city routes that start/end at Dubai Mall.  They may do something similar in Abu Dhabi, especially now that more cruise ships call at the port there...

Anne

When we visited in November 2017 and used the HoHo bus, we had to take the ship's free shuttle to the World Trade Center, which wasn't too far away, and then got the Red Route from there, this route includes the Grand Mosque.

Hope this helps.

When we checked in at Abu Dhabi terminal on 5th January, there was a Big Bus stand inside the terminal and a bus outside, so I assume they are there whenever a ship is in. However, if they are not there, there is no stop 'close' to the port. You would probably have to get a cab to the Abu Dhabi Mall as there is a stop there outside the front doors.

Simon

Edited by sddsddean

I don't think that the HoHo bus in Abu Dhabi is worth it. The buses are too few and far between, ESPECIALLY on the loop that goes out to Yas Mall, the F1 circuit and Ferrari World.

Download a route map, or grab one from the stand at the cruise terminal or your hotel and take a taxi to the sights you want to visit. Just point at the picture and show the driver.

Taxis are plentiful and cheap.