Elite-Reflection: My Sister isn't Elite"...

yellowhat

Hello - I recently made it to Elite...I am travelling with my sister who just a beginner.  Can she accompany me to 'Elite' events i.e. breakfast  , Captain Club without a problem..  She has upgraded her Drink Pack to Premium..Thank you for your assistance.  Reflection: Jan 28/19

She can accompany you to Elite events like breakfast and the cocktail hour but will not get her own set of coupons or 3 free drinks loaded on her card like you will.  There has  been some inconsistencies over the last couple of months regarding the Elite cocktail event in the Sky lounge whether or not they will scan your card for the coupons.  The last few weeks it seems that most ships are reporting that if you attend the event in the Sky lounge that your card is not scanned and the drinks continue to be unlimited at that venue.  If this is the case then your sister should be able to get drinks there complimentary as well.   From what I understand you may need to visit the Host/Hostess to get your sisters card marked for access.  I would check the sheet which should be in your cabin, then seek out the Host/Hostess if you have any questions.

25 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

She can accompany you to Elite events like breakfast and the cocktail hour but will not get her own set of coupons or 3 free drinks loaded on her card like you will.  There has  been some inconsistencies over the last couple of months regarding the Elite cocktail event in the Sky lounge whether or not they will scan your card for the coupons.  The last few weeks it seems that most ships are reporting that if you attend the event in the Sky lounge that your card is not scanned and the drinks continue to be unlimited at that venue.  If this is the case then your sister should be able to get drinks there complimentary as well.   From what I understand you may need to visit the Host/Hostess to get your sisters card marked for access.  I would check the sheet which should be in your cabin, then seek out the Host/Hostess if you have any questions.

I'm in the same situation next year, and this brings up a question.  My sister also has the premium drink package.  So wouldn't the card load become a non issue, ie if she has the package can't she drink as much as she wants (which is probably one drink, but there you go)?

9 minutes ago, abbydancer said:

I'm in the same situation next year, and this brings up a question.  My sister also has the premium drink package.  So wouldn't the card load become a non issue, ie if she has the package can't she drink as much as she wants (which is probably one drink, but there you go)?

Correct. As long as she is allowed in the lounge during the CC HH she can use her PBP and enjoy a drink (or however many) and petit fours with you. 

Edited by davekathy

1 hour ago, yellowhat said:

Hello - I recently made it to Elite...I am travelling with my sister who just a beginner.  Can she accompany me to 'Elite' events i.e. breakfast  , Captain Club without a problem..  She has upgraded her Drink Pack to Premium..Thank you for your assistance.  Reflection: Jan 28/19

Perhaps you should have your sister virtually move in with you by changing her address with Celebrity to your house, then you can ask to have your sisters status be updated to yours since you are in the same household.