Has anyone done the "salsa" excursion in Cabo?

shellster1

Looks like fun, but it's only 3 hours and $100pp. The thing is, it has great reviews on Carnival's site. Just thought I see if anyone has done it and can offer input. (My son is really into creating things and cooking.) Thanks in advance!

This one is on my list. I couldn't convince my family to join me so it's on my bucket list for my eventual trip back to Cabo (after this one coming in March which we'll be whale watching, not cooking).

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g152515-d2180486-Reviews-Casa_de_Colores_School_of_Traditional_Mexican_Cooking-Cabo_San_Lucas_Los_Cabos_Ba.html

I spoke with Donna, the owner, and from all my reading she runs a great class.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We did the Salsa & Salsa excursion thru Carnival several years ago and LOVED it!    We did it in Cabo and then in another port (which escapes me now)  as well on our next cruise.   We are thinking we might do it again in January 2020 when we are back in Cabo.  

The Chefs are great, they make it fun and informative.  Well worth the money.   Go and enjoy! 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I do the Mex Riv cruises frequently.  I love to cook, and my wife asked me if I wanted to take this class.  Before saying "yes" to my darling wife, I was reading the reviews carefully because I am a very picky eater, with religious prohibitions that Mexican cooking can implicate (shell fish, pork), so I wanted to see what dishes we'd be preparing.  Then I stumbled across two "no handwashing" comments in the reviews. 

I decided I'll improve my Mexican cooking at a local community college extension course!

Mike, there a kosher place in Cabo right across from Whale Watch Cabo tours’ office. Check out their google reviews. Looked good from what I read. 

Yup, I took a huge leap here. Hope I didn’t offend. That’s not my intention. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We did it in Mazatlan and had a blast!  We made a couple of different types of salsa, margaritas, had a tasting of some local liqueurs, learned how to salsa and then participate on stage for the grand finale!  I had broken my leg and was in a walking cast. Wasn’t sure how much salsa dancing I could do but I’m so glad I didn’t cancel!  One of my all time favorite experiences in the Mexican Riviera!