Just off the Vista today!! Any questions? Jan 13th

Jmedrew

We had a fabulous cruise. Amazing weather. Only disappointment was our Belize Snorking being cancelled by Carnival for some unknow reason. So that port day was a waste!  Other than that, we loved the ship. 

Many questions?

Glad to hear you had a good Vista cruise - my son and his family are sailing on that ship today, and Dear Wife and I are booked for a March Vista cruise.  We have two questions:  Does Vista still have the salad bar at Serenity, and do you know what the current platinum/diamond gift is?

Thanks.

2 minutes ago, overeasy said:

Glad to hear you had a good Vista cruise - my son and his family are sailing on that ship today, and Dear Wife and I are booked for a March Vista cruise.  We have two questions:  Does Vista still have the salad bar at Serenity, and do you know what the current platinum/diamond gift is?

Thanks.

I am not the OP, but the salad bar is still open on sea days in Serenity. On Miracle a few weeks ago, the gift was a blue blanket. 

2 hours ago, overeasy said:

Thanks.

Yes, the salad bar is open on sea days.  Not sure of the gift.  This was my first Carnival cruise!

2 hours ago, Shaded Lady said:

Jmedrew what dining did you have? If YTD, do you know which dining room and did you use the Hub App to check in?

How was checkin/boarding and disembarkation?

We had early dining, 6 pm in Reflections Dining room. Didn't do YTD. :)

Check in/boarding was a breeze!  We were even early and we went right through the line no problem. Got to boarding area 5 and waited to be called. It was easy peasy. 

Disembarkation on was a little more chaotic. We had to self disembark as we had a early flight. As usual people didn't listen to what they were being told to do, so that made it crazy, too many people getting off at one time imo. We were deck 2, so we shouldn't have had too many going when we did.  Anyhow, it went ok....just slow and we almost missed our shuttle at 9:15. 

Edited by Jmedrew

4 hours ago, Jmedrew said:

We had a fabulous cruise. Amazing weather. Only disappointment was our Belize Snorking being cancelled by Carnival for some unknow reason. So that port day was a waste!  Other than that, we loved the ship. 

Many questions?

Also we stayed in the Family Harbor Rooms.  Forgot to add that!

On 1/13/2019 at 12:50 PM, Jmedrew said:

Many questions?

Any idea or rumor as to why the snorkling was canceled.  We are scheduled for this excursion in March

On 1/13/2019 at 1:36 PM, mojavetex said:

Good to hear that you loved the ship!  

I read that you need to get tickets for the IMAX as soon as you get on the ship or they sell out. Was that your experience?

We were on the Vista in October.  My husband and a couple other people in our group watched the IMAX one day and they just walked up and bought the tickets before the show.

When we were on the Vista in October Carnival cancelled the snorkeling excursions because a storm had blow through the day before and the waters were a little rough.  We had booked our own excursion through Coral Breeze Tours going to Caye Caulker and snorkeling the reef and swimming with sharks.  The water was a little rough on the ride over to the island but once we were there the water was beautiful and we were one of only 2 boats out there for the day.  Our boat had 12 people on it and the other one had about 10, so we had the whole place to ourselves.....it was amazing!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, villagenut said:

Any idea or rumor as to why the snorkling was canceled.  We are scheduled for this excursion in March

We know what they told us but not sure its the real reason. They kept telling us 5-10 more minutes and we would be going, and that the tender boat was having a hard time as there was rough seas.  We looked out the window and the seas were as calm as could be.  After the third "5-10 mins" (which was always more like 25 mins) they cancelled.  Our excursion met at 11:30 and it was cancelled around 1:15...we just sat and waited that whole time.

Edited by Jmedrew

26 minutes ago, Jenny in TX said:

When we were on the Vista in October Carnival cancelled the snorkeling excursions because a storm had blow through the day before and the waters were a little rough.  We had booked our own excursion through Coral Breeze Tours going to Caye Caulker and snorkeling the reef and swimming with sharks.  The water was a little rough on the ride over to the island but once we were there the water was beautiful and we were one of only 2 boats out there for the day.  Our boat had 12 people on it and the other one had about 10, so we had the whole place to ourselves.....it was amazing!

Sounds amazing!!!

22 minutes ago, eccentricfang said:

Did you see if they had the family dining in the MDR on embarkation day? Was wondering if Vista was one of the two they were trying it out on.

I don't know what this is so I have no clue!  🙂

23 hours ago, Jmedrew said:

Also we stayed in the Family Harbor Rooms.  Forgot to add that!

What type of room did you have? Was the Family Harbor area congested? Could you hear any noise coming from the lounge in your room? what kind of food did they have in the lounge? Sorry for all the questions our family is looking into booking the familu harbor and wanted to know if it was worth it.  thank you!

Did you visit the Havana Bar at all? If so was Myu there?

we sailed in a Havana cabin last July and he was the best bartender! I know he was excited about leave this fall and wasn’t sure if he’d be reassigned to the Vista or Havana bar....

thinking of rebooking the Vista... LOVE that ship!

57 minutes ago, SAMOKHAKIDOJR said:

What type of room did you have? Was the Family Harbor area congested? Could you hear any noise coming from the lounge in your room? what kind of food did they have in the lounge? Sorry for all the questions our family is looking into booking the familu harbor and wanted to know if it was worth it.  thank you!

We had a deluxe oceanview, so we had the split bathroom. Lots of storage too. I didn't think the lounge was congested at all.  We were always able to find some place to sit, even if it was just a couch.  We didn't hear any noise from the lounge at all, you can't even hear it in the hall outside the lounge.  We ate there for breakfast on port days and it was mostly the same stuff as upstairs...eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, french toast, waffles, meats and cheeses.  Cereal, pastries and all the fixings.  It also has a cappuccino machine!  We got coffee from there all day. We never ate lunch there but they would do snacks like finger sandwiches, fruit, cookies, dessert during the day.  We were in room 2442 and heard NO NOISE at all from the galley upstairs.  I think it was worth it.  It was nice to have someplace to get a decent breakfast and not go all the way up and then back down to get off the ship.  

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, gotscrapz said:

Did you visit the Havana Bar at all? If so was Myu there?

we sailed in a Havana cabin last July and he was the best bartender! I know he was excited about leave this fall and wasn’t sure if he’d be reassigned to the Vista or Havana bar....

thinking of rebooking the Vista... LOVE that ship!

Oh sorry, we didn't visit the Havana Bar!

Getting on her on Saturday. So there is a charge for the IMAX?  Do you know how much?  Also is there a charge for the bbq place?  On the Magic it was included. Are there movies at the pool?