Seaside - Unlimited WIFI?

PaulMcn

Hi, anyone seen this for sale lately? it "appears" that you can buy for $199 onboard only... from the MSC website, but all references I see here are for the standard and premium packages.... that have a max GB of usage.. Anyone purchased unlimited?  THX sailing on Jan 19! 

It's likely too that unless you are streaming, you will not cap out your max data on a premium plan (and it doesn't look like this allows streaming). And 

19 hours ago, Noncon said:

Just because it is unlimited doesn't mean it is fast, or even usable once everyone else onboard starts hogging bandwidth on the satellite.

KJ

Very true! We had a streaming plan on Divina last year and with the exception of early mornings, even a video call on skype was nearly impossible. 

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed that the “Unlimited Internet Cruise Package” is now available on MSC Bellissima (cruise in April 2019). Unfortunately the only benefit is “unlimited data” since the number of devices is limited to “1 (one)”. The Premium Package has 4 devices included. In order to use 2 iPads and 2 iPhones one has to purchase 4 Unlimited Packages... way too expensive. I rather stay with Premium and watch my data usage. Even if we don’t use all 4 devices at the same time we would need 2 Unlimited Packages.

Edited by SirWolf

I’m kinda excited about this unlimited internet package, as the last sailing I went on in April 2018, my friends and I had each selected the premium package. And it was a complete bust. We opened one email and it took of 25% of our data. That plan actually lasted us for 1- 3 days each and then we kept having to add more. Other cruisers had the same complaint. We went to the internet help desk, they tried to assist us by reconfiguring our phones, but nothing worked. We just kept losing data even with our devices completely shut down.  It had appeared to be a general complaint with most cruisers on my sailing. So with an unlimited package, I won’t have to be switching my data on and off , and $199 will be way cheaper than what we all spent on our last sailing 

We had the premium package on MSC Seaview (Western Med , September 2018) and used on 2 phones and 2 tablets a total of 3.5GB of the 5GB included. I expect an overall upgrade when purchasing the unlimited package and not only an upgrade in data usage but an downgrade in number of devices. Should be called “unlimi-limited”...

On 1/30/2019 at 3:06 PM, sidari said:

Our Meraviglia booking for December also now has one choice at £107 pp for one device! Another sale lost MSC.

I noticed this on our Seaside booking for July. I had planned to buy a multi device package but it seems to have disappeared and the only option is Unlimited!!

I am cruising solo on Seaside in May.   I have seen 2 options available on line.  I took the more expensive of the 2.  I think it said 4 devices.   Of course I will only have one. Since there was no unlimited like I get  on NCL I figured I would just get the best plan offered.  

While cruising I like to watch baseball games through my AtBat/MLB Tv Ap. I follow 2 teams. I never had any problems watching it on NCL?

Thoughts, anyone?

I'm considering the unlimited package, but it says only 1 device at a time. Does this mean that if I log out and switch devices, I could connect a different phone or laptop? The MSC website says one per traveler, but since I'm only traveling with one other person, it seems to make sense to just buy the package once and flip flop between whose phone is connected.

Any thoughts?