Flourless Chocolate Cake

golden005

Okay, so I'm probably the only person that worries/cares about this, but is flourless chocolate cake still available on RCCL?!?!? I have been hooked since my first cruise! When I went on my honeymoon, it had been about 10 years since my last RCCL cruise, and I spent way more time than I should admit to researching to see if it was still available. At that time (2014), it was part of a sampler dessert platter. I explained to our waiter my love for this cake and as a result had more flourless chocolate cake on that trip than I could ever imagine. It was heaven :classic_biggrin:! My husband and I went on a quick bahamas cruise on the Mariner this past June for his birthday, and there was no flourless chocolate cake 😭. We are looking at a feb 2020 western caribbean cruise on the Oasis, and I need to know if I can get my cake lol. I know the recipe is available online, but frankly, I don't want to make it myself, and it's part of the cruise for me. I've browsed around a bit, and the only menus for the MDR that I've seen don't list it as an option. Can anyone help me??

As you probably noticed from you last cruise last June RCCL has changed their menu's. You used to get a separate desert menu after you finished your main course. Now you get the one menu at the start of the meal and order everything at once. Since they made the change there are not as many choices as there where.

I've also not seen it offered on the newer menu's, but don't be afraid to ask you waiter if it's available.

18 hours ago, SciFiGuy1960 said:

As you probably noticed from you last cruise last June RCCL has changed their menu's. You used to get a separate desert menu after you finished your main course. Now you get the one menu at the start of the meal and order everything at once. Since they made the change there are not as many choices as there where.

I've also not seen it offered on the newer menu's, but don't be afraid to ask you waiter if it's available.

Trust me, I'm not afraid to ask lol. I did ask on this last cruise, and the waiter didn't even seem to know what I was talking about. I found service in general to not be up to par with what we're used to on RCCL, so I'm not sure if it wasn't available, he wasn't knowledgeable, or he just didn't want to help me.

We just cruised in Oct. and didn’t see it on a 10 day menu.  It is one of my favorites also. They have the Royal chocolate cake daily, it is yummy but not the same.

My DH is a huge fan of the savory bites and they are no more.

We are on the Allure in a few days and I plan on requesting both.  I will ask politely and see what happens, maybe we will get lucky.🤞

14 minutes ago, Colorado Babe said:

I wish they would bring it back for those on Gluten Free diet.  I am going to ask for it next month on the Adventure and see if they will make it.  

Me too.  Seems like our only dessert options are creme brulee and ice cream.  I like those but not every night. 

5 minutes ago, CruisinCrow said:

Me too.  Seems like our only dessert options are creme brulee and ice cream.  I like those but not every night. 

Was recently on the Navigator and they actually had GF cake in the Windjammer.  It was a first for me seeing GF cake. They also made a Key Lime Pie custard.  It was delicious.  I wish they could make Key Lime Pie with the GF graham crackers.  I keep inquiring every time I get the post cruise survey.  It appears they have listened to my previous survey's about the GF cake.  It's a slow process but they are coming around! 

4 minutes ago, Colorado Babe said:

Was recently on the Navigator and they actually had GF cake in the Windjammer.  It was a first for me seeing GF cake. They also made a Key Lime Pie custard.  It was delicious.  I wish they could make Key Lime Pie with the GF graham crackers.  I keep inquiring every time I get the post cruise survey.  It appears they have listened to my previous survey's about the GF cake.  It's a slow process but they are coming around! 

I'll keep an eye out in the Windjammer.  Thanks.

1 hour ago, TinkBellaMom said:

We just cruised in Oct. and didn’t see it on a 10 day menu.  It is one of my favorites also. They have the Royal chocolate cake daily, it is yummy but not the same.

My DH is a huge fan of the savory bites and they are no more.

We are on the Allure in a few days and I plan on requesting both.  I will ask politely and see what happens, maybe we will get lucky.🤞

We actually ask the head waiter when he comes around on the first or second night.  

in May 2017, our group of 12 experienced cruisers asked the Head waiter if we could possibly get some of the flourless chocolate cakes as well as the hot cookie's and ice cream.   well, that is the last we heard of it until the second formal night when one of the chefs showed up at our table with both of the desserts for all 12 of us.

the moral of the story is "don't be afraid to ask, you never know what will show up" 🙂

Steve

On 1/16/2019 at 11:56 AM, pcur said:

We actually ask the head waiter when he comes around on the first or second night.  

I'll have to try the head waiter. I don't believe he came around on our last cruise, but I may have just forgotten. Thanks!