First time suite sky class on anthem- what to expect? and first time taking the kids

I have so many questions.... but let's start here. My husband and I are emerald. We cruised together about 7 times but this is our first cruise with our kids, twins 3 year olds. I decided to splurge and get a suite so we had more room and privacy once the kids go to bed. Booked a grand suite on the anthem for the Christmas cruise. this is our first time cruising over a holiday as well which I know can be very crowded. 

So my questions-

I have been reading up on the perks of a sky class suite and the genie....

1-Do I wait for them to contact me before booking anything? I see reservations are already available for dinner, the spa, and whatnot so I normally try to book everything in advance to get the spots I want. Do I not need to worry about this now since I am in a suite? I want to book a dinner and a massage while the kids are in adventure ocean (which is only open certain hours each day) for my husband and me and I don't want to miss out on getting the times I want. 

2-Where can we score free drinks? Anywhere besides the suite lounge? any other free perks that I should know about being in a suite? 

3- Port Canaveral- is it really worth it to take the hour trip back and forth to Disney? My kids haven't been to Disney yet so I thought this would be a good opportunity to "give them a quick Disney experience" before we do a full Disney trip in a year or two. but i know the park will be crazy crowded since it's christmas week. We will be in port from 7am to 7pm. 

4- are small kids allowed in CK and the suite lounge?

I will head over to the family forum for my other kid related questions but i think that's it for now. Thanks so much.

33 minutes ago, warnocklife21 said:

1-Do I wait for them to contact me before booking anything? I see reservations are already available for dinner, the spa, and whatnot so I normally try to book everything in advance to get the spots I want. Do I not need to worry about this now since I am in a suite? I want to book a dinner and a massage while the kids are in adventure ocean (which is only open certain hours each day) for my husband and me and I don't want to miss out on getting the times I want. I would let the Suite concierge make those arrangements when you get on board

2-Where can we score free drinks? Anywhere besides the suite lounge? any other free perks that I should know about being in a suite? only in the suite lounge

3- Port Canaveral- is it really worth it to take the hour trip back and forth to Disney? My kids haven't been to Disney yet so I thought this would be a good opportunity to "give them a quick Disney experience" before we do a full Disney trip in a year or two. but i know the park will be crazy crowded since it's christmas week. We will be in port from 7am to 7pm. 

4- are small kids allowed in CK and the suite lounge? Yes

I will head over to the family forum for my other kid related questions but i think that's it for now. Thanks so much.

I thought grand suites are only star class - no genie or other sky class perks. Concierge can make reservations for you if you cannot make them yourself. Children are allowed in CK and suite lounge but are expected to be very well behaved. 

2 minutes ago, gerif said:

I thought grand suites are only star class - no genie or other sky class perks. Concierge can make reservations for you if you cannot make them yourself. Children are allowed in CK and suite lounge but are expected to be very well behaved. 

You are correct.  Genies for Star class only.  For Anthem, that means Grand Loft suites or higher.

Edited by philpcruiser

1 hour ago, warnocklife21 said:

I have so many questions.... but let's start here. My husband and I are emerald. We cruised together about 7 times but this is our first cruise with our kids, twins 3 year olds. I decided to splurge and get a suite so we had more room and privacy once the kids go to bed. Booked a grand suite on the anthem for the Christmas cruise. this is our first time cruising over a holiday as well which I know can be very crowded. 

So my questions-

I have been reading up on the perks of a sky class suite and the genie....

1-Do I wait for them to contact me before booking anything? I see reservations are already available for dinner, the spa, and whatnot so I normally try to book everything in advance to get the spots I want. Do I not need to worry about this now since I am in a suite? I want to book a dinner and a massage while the kids are in adventure ocean (which is only open certain hours each day) for my husband and me and I don't want to miss out on getting the times I want. 

You will not be getting a Genie for a Sky class Suite.  As far as a trip to Disney:  If the ship docks at 7, the earliest you may be off the ship is 7:30AM.  Give some time for everyone to board the bus, and one hour (plus) of travel time, you will not be at the park until 9:15-9-30.  The return trip heads back around 4:30.

Edited by philpcruiser

Also it is a concierge lounge and not suite lounge on Anthem. I dont think there are drinks from 11-11 like on Oasis class ships with suite lounge.  You will only be able to get mixed drinks from 430-8pm or 5-830pm during happy hour.

Free pressing on 1st formal night.  Free surf and stream for each person.  Reserved seating for the shows, but they are released to everyone else about 10min before start of show.  Room service with no delivery charge and able to order whatever is on the MDR menu when MDR is open.

Edited by frank808