New to the Splendor

Iggipolka

Hi! My spouse, myself and our two daughter, ages 6 and 9 are sailing for the first time on the Splendor out of Long Beach. We're treating ourselves for the first time to a Spa balcony as we love the spa and when our kids are in Camp Carnival, we take full advantage of the spa services. We've been on several cruises with different lines, but never on the Splendor. She looks like an older ship, which has me a bit concerned. My girls are huge swimmers and loved the Water Park area of the Vista and Dream. It doesn't seem like the Splendor has that type of water features, is that correct?

Any tips or recommendations for enjoying the Splendor? 

Thanks!

Splendor was built in 2006-2008 and set sail in 2008.

Vista is the newest Vista class ships and Dream, Dream class, came right before Vista class.

Splendor won't have all the bells and whistles as Dream and Vista ships but she has plenty to offer and the spa is one of its best parts.

There are videos on YouTube so you can see the water slide in advance AND the Splendor too. I'd suggest watching those video reviews.

Splendor's pools have a retractable opening which is nice if you're cruising in cooler months versus summer. The MR itinerary is a great set of ports, depending on which ones and which season you're cruising. There's lots to do in each port and MX is a great place to visit (we've done 3 MR cruises since 2008 and this March will be our 4th).

The Panorama is coming to Long Beach this December 2019 which is a Vista class ship.

We've sailed Splendor before on MR cruises and are about to sail her again this March.

What are you looking for specifically so people can better address your concerns?

We're looking forward to our MR Splendor cruise and we last cruised Vista twice since Nov 2017 so if that helps allay your concerns, we've had zero concerns sailing Splendor again after cruising Vista twice and most recently (once with and once w/o children, 14 and 18 at time of July 2018 cruise).

Edited by CA_Cruzing
  • Like 1

You will love the Splendor.... the water park has all the bells and whistles..... The kids will be ecstatic.... as you will be in the Spa.  Sailed 21 days in Dec. on the Splendor and had a spa balcony. .. wonderful. The Thallasotherapy pool is the same as the Dream, Breeze and Magic.... much better than the Vista class.

Lee Mason, the cruise director is the best in the business, and I have sailed with Matt and all the others.  Lee is uniquely talented.    

Have a great cruise...:classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

Following!  16 days till we leave!  We also have a 6 year old and 10 year old, along with two teens and two young adults - in our group.  I’m hoping the young adults find there’s enough to do on a cruise now.  I know us middle aged folks are good to veg all day, not sure about them!