Boston Whaler Options

Pandot

Attempted to do a search but having a hard time with searching within a forum since the changeover.

In Bermuda on the Escape in October (no other ships there at same time).

Been looking into Blue Hole Watersports and then the rentals on the west side (nearer ship).  Trying to decided what to see - is worth doing two days of rentals?

Do want to get over to St-Georges and swim in the blue hole (hence Blue Hole watersports is nearby) but also think kids would like HMS vixen and small private coves (and seeing the ship from a smaller boat).

Any thoughts?  Anyone use a specific provider on the Westside of the island that they like more than others?

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

I am not sure how long you are in port but last April, we used H20 water sports to rent a boston whaler and I cannot recommend them highly enough.  We took a taxi to their location and met with the owner.  He did a brief tutorial with us, gave us a map to show where turtles were, good spots to snorkel, etc. and we were off.  I will say it was a fantastic morning for 4 hours. You can request bait to fish (although I am not sure if this is a good idea since you can't eat them).  We purchased drinks from him.  He had a cooler we used.  It was my first time in Bermuda, and I think it is up there with being my favorite due to its beauty and its people.  Nicest people Ive ever met on an island.  I have 5 kids of my own and I know mine would have loved the boston whaler at any age.  We drove the boat over to the Vixen and snorkeled there.  You do have to watch everywhere for the jet skiers since they were everywhere that day and aren't the most careful.  The jet ski tours were the only ones who seemed to notice there were snorkelers.  I think your plan with Blue water sports is good for one of the days though.  We took a scooter over to the blue hole and swam and explored and did not use the ferries at all.

Edited by jean87510
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/4/2019 at 9:04 AM, jean87510 said:

I am not sure how long you are in port but last April, we used H20 water sports to rent a boston whaler and I cannot recommend them highly enough.  We took a taxi to their location and met with the owner.  He did a brief tutorial with us, gave us a map to show where turtles were, good spots to snorkel, etc. and we were off.  I will say it was a fantastic morning for 4 hours. You can request bait to fish (although I am not sure if this is a good idea since you can't eat them).  We purchased drinks from him.  He had a cooler we used.  It was my first time in Bermuda, and I think it is up there with being my favorite due to its beauty and its people.  Nicest people Ive ever met on an island.  I have 5 kids of my own and I know mine would have loved the boston whaler at any age.  We drove the boat over to the Vixen and snorkeled there.  You do have to watch everywhere for the jet skiers since they were everywhere that day and aren't the most careful.  The jet ski tours were the only ones who seemed to notice there were snorkelers.  I think your plan with Blue water sports is good for one of the days though.  We took a scooter over to the blue hole and swam and explored and did not use the ferries at all.

How were the water temps in April?  We'll be in port April 27 & 28th this year.  We have a 1pm Saturday arrival and depart 2:30pm Sunday, so not ideal hours for much, unfortunately. 

2 minutes ago, CruisinCons said:

How were the water temps in April?  We'll be in port April 27 & 28th this year.  We have a 1pm Saturday arrival and depart 2:30pm Sunday, so not ideal hours for much, unfortunately. 

I remember it being a little cool. It's not the Caribbean really. But we still swam. It definitely was colder than st martin which we were at a couple of days prior. Its probably why I noticed it more. 

• Like 1