How much is "Social Wi-Fi" on the Liberty? Decent connection?

sailawaybellaluna

Hello all,

I'm getting read to board the Liberty in a few weeks for the 4-day Bahamas cruise...

I'm noticing if I pre-pay for social internet it is $6.80/day. But it says that the price may be different onboard and internet may not be readily available on certain ships.

Just wondering if anyone has recent experience on the Liberty and if it is really a better deal for me to purchase the internet package in advance?

Traveling with a friend and leaving my family behind, so I know they'll want to see photos and I'd like to be able to send messages to my husband on messenger, etc...

Thanks!

I sailed on the Liberty this past September and purchased the social plan beforehand to take advantage of the discount. It is pretty terrible but it does work. I was able to message using Facebook messenger and upload photos to Facebook. Scrolling through Facebook was almost not worth it. I just got off a Royal Caribbean cruise and their internet is leaps and bounds above Carnival!

On 1/19/2019 at 1:02 PM, Tjcalley said:

I sailed on the Liberty this past September and purchased the social plan beforehand to take advantage of the discount. It is pretty terrible but it does work. I was able to message using Facebook messenger and upload photos to Facebook. Scrolling through was almost not worth it. I just got off a Royal Caribbean cruise and their internet is leaps and bounds above Carnival!

Thank you!

On 1/19/2019 at 1:21 PM, sailawaybellaluna said:

Hello all,

I'm getting read to board the Liberty in a few weeks for the 4-day Bahamas cruise...

I'm noticing if I pre-pay for social internet it is $6.80/day. But it says that the price may be different onboard and internet may not be readily available on certain ships.

Just wondering if anyone has recent experience on the Liberty and if it is really a better deal for me to purchase the internet package in advance?

Traveling with a friend and leaving my family behind, so I know they'll want to see photos and I'd like to be able to send messages to my husband on messenger, etc...

Thanks!

if you're going to get it, get it prior to the cruise. it works better on some parts of the ***** better than others. Facebook was ok able to upload photos but very slow. facebook messenger I didn't have any problems with. used it quite often even to book an excursion in Cozumel since mine was cancelled through carnival several months prior and they never told me (whole other story haha) WhatsApp works great. SnapChat worked great for sending pictures. but wasn't good for sending videos at all. most of the time it would fail to send 

Has the price gone way up since October?  I sailed on Ecstasy then and pre-paid only $20 for 5 nights (Social plan).  Just went to check the price for my cruise next October on Sunshine and it shows $6.80/night.  That would mean the regular, non-discounted prepaid price would be $8/day compared to the $5/day it was a few months ago.  It's still relatively cheap but that's a big increase, percentage-wise.

Never mind.  It's shown on Carnival's website in the FAQ section so, yes, it appears that price has gone up in the past couple of months.  Oh well.  I may just wait and use some wi-fi in port.  I won't have pics to post from sea days anyway.

Edited by NCTribeFan