Antonio Castillo Cienfuegos

mmark14

Excellent !!  We had a genuine experience in Cienfuegos and Trinidad with Tony leading the way.  His experience as a B&B owner in Cuba and his popularity as a resident of Cienfuegos made our visit interesting , educational and enabled us to see the country through an authentic perspective.  Many of the tours may seem to be

a private enterprise , but in reality that are government sponsored and therefore more scripted .  We were lucky to find Tony through the cruise critic forum!  Thank you to those who posted before our visit!

Many of those who were on the cruise’s tour were extremely disapppinted ! Please do not hesitate to book Tony in Cienfuegos and Trinidad !

16 hours ago, riffatsea said:

Would you like to share how you booked him? Web site? E mail??

Cost??? More info would be helpful.

tony.cubavacation@gmail.com see also his Casa listing on TripAdvisor

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g609122-d2292137-Reviews-Hostal_La_Verde-Cienfuegos_Cienfuegos_Province_Cuba.html#REVIEWS

Also see the top of my post for more information.

Cost: excellent - drastically lower cost for a group of 6.  

Yes, sorry I did not give enough information.  You can reach Tony here:

Tonycubavacation@gmail.com.

The two of us took his Trinidad/ Cienfuegos tour in an air conditioned vehicle with a separate driver.  The cost was 140 cuc for the tour . We paid for lunch separately .  He will customize your tour to suit your needs, but he also will give several options.

• 2 weeks later...

We also took a tour with Tony recently -- a half day city tour.  He was just terrific -- knowledgeable, spoke perfect English and more than willing to tailor the tour to my slow walking.  He recommended a wonderful restaurant -- Bahia, and also recommended the garlic shrimp which were yummy.  I also had the best chicken soup -- enough for 4, at a price of 2CUC!

This was one of the best private tours we have taken, and I can't recommend Tony highly enough.  

He is just starting our, so his tour prices are more than reasonable -- grab him now before he get so popular that he increases his prices!

• 1 month later...

We're doing ElNicho and Cienfuegos tour with Tony next month. So we can be sure to have enough money converted, what isthe suggested tip amount? And will we be tipping at restaurants as well? Thanks! 

We just returned from our visit to Cienfuegos and a tour with Tony.  Everything above is true.  He is knowledgeable about his love of Cienfuegos and is more than willing to share any information. He was more than willing to adjust the tour based on my ability to walk distances and directed us to a local Paladar where we had a great lunch.  As mentioned above, the cost of a 6 hour tour was 140CUC for two people and I feel comfortable suggesting at least a 20% gratuity for him.  We also gave his driver a small tip as well as a gratuity at the restaurant.  He must really like the garlic shrimp because that's what I had as well and it was delicious!  We ended the tour a little early but made a stop at the open market.  Totally great day!

• 3 weeks later...

It would not be possible to say enough about Tony’s qualities in terms of knowledge of Cienfuegos and Trinidad.  He is entertaining, fun, engaging and extremely accommodating. Five star plus. Additionally, he is well educated, speaks English perfectly, has wide experience and and is a constant source of conversation, information and pleasure.  Very competent, informed, helpful, knowledgeable... Excellent and well chosen.   You cannot go wrong with Tony!  Contact Tony @ tony.cubavacation@gmail.com.

Edited by TriciaTom
Date of Post is 4/15/19 not 8/15/17

Like the original poster said we found most people who took an organized ship tour in Cienfuegos were extremely disappointed!  Too much time traveling in the bus, etc.....  

We did a pedi cab tour of Punta Gorda (southern tip of Cienfuegos) with sight seeing stops along the way.  Spent an hour at PGorda having Mojitos on the beach.  Our pedi cab then dropped us at the Jose Marti Square for our own self guided walking tour.   Another lovely option for a quaint city.  We had 4 pedi cabs.  Unfortunately only 1 spoke English.    We had difficulties finding 4 who could speak English and especially bc we had not been able to pre book this kind of tour.  We had to take what we could find directly off the ship.  Here is the contact info for our English pedi cab driver if interested: 

Alfredo Nodal 

alfredo8408@nauta.cu

alfredonodal84@gmail.com

if you are thinking of a pedi cab tour in Cienfuegos I would recommend pre arranging.  They were not as easy to find directly off the ship as I had hoped unless you walked all the way to Jose Marti Parque.   

We had our Cuba cruise last week. We booked El Nicho waterfalls tour through Antonio Castillo. He assigned us Angel as our tour guide and we had an amazing time. Angel absolutely loves his city and that comes through in every word. We couldn't have asked for a better guide. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just got home from a wonderful experience with Tony (Antonio Castillo)   Tony @ tony.cubavacation@gmail.com.

We arranged a private tour of  Punta Gorda Cienfuegos and Trinidad  with Tony for 9 of us traveling on a cruise, he picked us when we got off the ship, (patiently waiting for us since we were unable get off the ship earlier). He took us to Trinidad & Cienfuegos, showed us neighborhoods where locals live and was very accommodating for any of us who had walking problems. He was very knowledgeable and knows his history and loves to share it. It was a great experience and we highly recommend him as a guide.