complimentary toiletries

gillyg

Does anyone actually use these on Cunard ships? On all the other lines we have travelled I have always found them quite awful and therefore take my own, but would be so nice to be able to rely on the quality of the items provided instead.

Guest SilverHengroen

The supplied stuff is perfectly acceptable for doing the required job, unless perhaps you have specific dermatological requirements (in which case you’ll know not to use it anyway). It saves having to pack unnecessary extra toiletries imo. As with everything YMMV and if you have strong preferences in this area you may still prefer your own. It’s a shame they moved from the Gilchrist & Soames products they previously (up to circa 2014/2015?) used as I liked those more. 

Assuming they are still supplying Penhaligon's Quercus toiletries and Eco-Boutique soap on the Cunard ships, this photo of the toiletries and soap we had on QM2 in a Britannia balcony cabin last June might be of some help regarding what to expect.

1809194128_QM2Toiletries.JPG.6bd1f2cbad5c6eae47c00e9c0acca8f6.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have used Penhaligons for decades. They make very good quality perfumes, colognes, soaps, body washes etc. They are English and they have Royal Warrants from the Prince of Wales and the Duke of Edinburgh. The fragrance shown in the photo is Quercus and it is a light scent. 

A current web site description of a QG suite indicates they are still supplying Penhaligons, although we know that often have out of date information on the web site. 

Edited by Bigmike911
  • Like 1

On 1/23/2019 at 4:12 AM, Summergee said:

The only problem with the toiletries is getting them out of the bottles. Lots of shaking involved, unless someone has a secret method that they would like to share.

Yes, a bit of a pain. With the ball top, you can't store them upside down easily....so I agree...squeeze and be patient.

I do often have allergic reactions to scented products, but none to these.  I was happy to use them, but agree the lotion left something to be desired.  It didn't seem to be absorbed into the skin to alleviate dryness at all.

Edited by mef_57