Aruba Sail and Snorkel

14 hours ago, Johnamac123 said:

I'm looking for recommendations for a 3-4 hr sail and snorkel while I am in Aruba. Also, I'd like to know how you got from the cruise ship to the catamaran/boat docks. Thanks!!

You might want to ask on the Aruba  port-of-call thread.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/101-aruba/

Having said that, Red Sail Sports and Pelican have never disappointed me. Red Sail has a much nicer catamaran but is more $$$.  Crew on both are great. Lunch and drinks are usually included

On the budget side, Delphi WaterSports and Octopus are a good value. However, they have much smaller and more basic catamarans. 

DePalm is a big tour operator on the island and while they have big luxury catamarans, it's usually packed with party people, if that's your thing.

They all hit the same 3 snorkeling spots. I've vacationed on the island many times but never visited as a cruiser. But I imagine there are plenty of taxi's from the cruise ship pier  to the catamaran docks. DePalm and Red Sail may even pick you up with a shuttle. It's about a 15-20 minute ride.

4 hours ago, HBE4 said:

You might want to ask on the Aruba  port-of-call thread.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/101-aruba/

Having said that, Red Sail Sports and Pelican have never disappointed me. Red Sail has a much nicer catamaran but is more $$$.  Crew on both are great. Lunch and drinks are usually included

On the budget side, Delphi WaterSports and Octopus are a good value. However, they have much smaller and more basic catamarans. 

DePalm is a big tour operator on the island and while they have big luxury catamarans, it's usually packed with party people, if that's your thing.

They all hit the same 3 snorkeling spots. I've vacationed on the island many times but never visited as a cruiser. But I imagine there are plenty of taxi's from the cruise ship pier  to the catamaran docks. DePalm and Red Sail may even pick you up with a shuttle. It's about a 15-20 minute ride.

Thank you for the prompt and detailed reply. I chose the RCI board due to the increased traffic. Thanks again.... 

Sure, no problem. I know the port-of-call threads can be so quiet, you can hear cricket's chirping.

I just wanted to add that Delphi WaterSports catamaran does not dock at a pier. You walk on the beach, pay the guy standing under the pop-up canopy, then wade into knee-deep water before being helped onto a rubber dingy. They'll motor out of the catamaran about 2 minutes away, then climb up the ladder.

Not a big deal unless someone in your party has mobility issues.

13 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Sure, no problem. I know the port-of-call threads can be so quiet, you can hear cricket's chirping.

I just wanted to add that Delphi WaterSports catamaran does not dock at a pier. You walk on the beach, pay the guy standing under the pop-up canopy, then wade into knee-deep water before being helped onto a rubber dingy. They'll motor out of the catamaran about 2 minutes away, then climb up the ladder.

Not a big deal unless someone in your party has mobility issues.

I think I've decided between Mi Dushi or Red Sail cat sail/snorkel. RCI tells me the price includes transfers to/from the ship and excursion. Any thoughts on Mi Dushi before I book them??

1 hour ago, Johnamac123 said:

I think I've decided between Mi Dushi or Red Sail cat sail/snorkel. RCI tells me the price includes transfers to/from the ship and excursion. Any thoughts on Mi Dushi before I book them??

I've never been on it but their new-ish catamaran is impressive looking. Every time it sailed past the beach I was on,  there was always a good crowd that looked like they were having fun.  It also hits the same 2-3 snorkeling spots. I don't think they use the old sailing ship anymore.

Once the snorkeling is done, they turn up the music & it becomes a bit of a party boat for the last hour. Nothing crazy but it might be more lively than Red Sail. It is highly-rated and sells out fast, which is a good sign.

I did book an excursion with MiDushi (it means My Honeyit one time but they called me the day before to tell me it was a mistake & cancelled. The boat was chartered that day & they should have not taken my reservation. They gave me a full refund and offered 50% off my next booking if taken within a year. That was 2 years ago & I have not been back to Aruba since but that is a also a good sign of a solid company.

You can't go wrong with either.

Hope this helps & is not too much detailed. lol