Pub Crawl Advice!

Love2CruiseMore

On 1/27/2019 at 9:09 AM, coach jim said:

I have led a few on the Getaway, Escape, and this year it will be on the Bliss.  As stated, these ships make "travel" a little easier as most bars are on 6, 7, 8.  The one twist I do is cocktail/beer/drinking songs trivia.  Same concept with the poker run except cards are handed out for correct answers.  We have almost 100 people signed up for our Bliss cruise so I am setting up three groups.  Great way to meet people and get the layout of the ship.  Enjoy!

I would love the trivia list. I am planning one on my next cruise.

On 4/22/2024 at 5:27 PM, MrsTocko said:

I have organized pub crawls, and poker/pub crawls.  I personally found the poker ones not fun for me running it…as I was alone in the process…I was stressed. But I think everyone else had fun.  I have a cheat sheet that can be filled out, as well as winning hands (not a poker player here-so I needed the help).  Happy to share if interested.

i still enjoy doing the pub crawl part.  I do it about 2 on a sea day.  Will pick 5  bars, start at the bottom and work our way up. I also try to give the heads up to the bars before hand, and ensuring they will be open. So my planned route is always up to change.  I also encourage everyone to go, even if they don’t imbibe in adult beverages.  It is an opportunity to socialize.  I don’t care if you drink or not. Just arrive with the intent to have fun and enjoy. DH isn’t always feeling social, but he likes this.

trying to figure out a pub crawl on POA with no sea days.

1 hour ago, jgbrown said:

I lived in El Cajon! Went to Valhalla and Emerald Jr.

Sweet!  DH went to El Cap.  He’s now a special ed aide and football coach there.  We are on the alpine end of El Cajon 

26 minutes ago, MrsTocko said:

Sweet!  DH went to El Cap.  He’s now a special ed aide and football coach there.  We are on the alpine end of El Cajon 

😁It's a small world.

On 4/22/2024 at 7:06 PM, jgbrown said:

I would be interested in any tips for either crawl, since I am planning one on my next cruise.

Here's what I remember from past bar crawls.

* Plan a list ahead and publish it, so latecomers can catch up to you.

* Plan a starting location with good meeting space, like Maltings or equivalent on your ship

* If a large group, it could take some time at each bar to get a drink for everyone.

* You could hit a bar that isn't open, or that is too busy because of an event (This happened in the Atrium to us) so if your target is to visit 5, have a 6th on the list "in case we have to move on"

* It can be fun to do a theme drink or shot for those who are up to it. Like a lemon drop to kick it off or end it (although I heard they are limiting shots to simple only now)

My only advice to folks planning one is to start up high and end low. Much easier for some folks with mobility issues to walk down stairs, than to walk up them. Waiting on elevators for a large group isn't ideal, and one flight down is much easier to sell than a flight up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1