Norwegian Bliss Haven

brudge

Thanks for reply.  NCL advertises that Haven services include priority when reserving restaurants and entertainment.  Is service provided as advertised?  If we decide to go to a specialty restaurant in the afternoon, can the provide a reservation for that evening at desired time?  Thanks again!

14 hours ago, brudge said:

Thanks for reply.  NCL advertises that Haven services include priority when reserving restaurants and entertainment.  Is service provided as advertised?  If we decide to go to a specialty restaurant in the afternoon, can the provide a reservation for that evening at desired time?  Thanks again!

No need to go there, just contact concierge.  Generally yes except maybe Teppanyaki or later in week.  YMMV with concierge on what all happens.

• Haha 1

The other thing is that many of the Specialties aren't open for lunch so stopping by during the afternoon wouldn't get you anything.  Depending on the ship, some you can do on the tv, interactive screens around the ship, by calling, sometimes in the atrium or by buffet.  There was even a time we've seen staff roaming around the buffet with specialty menus trying to get people to book.

23 hours ago, brudge said:

We are cruising on the Norwegian Bliss in the Haven.  Is ti easy to get loungers on sea day on the Haven Sundeck?  Thanks for the help!

The Haven sundeck on Bliss is nearly 3x as large as the Haven sundeck on Escape even though Bliss has 15 fewer suites. Finding a lounger should not be a problem plus some Bliss Haven guests will be indoors enjoying the Haven forward-facing lounge.

22 hours ago, brudge said:

1 hour ago, dexddd said:

The other thing is that many of the Specialties aren't open for lunch so stopping by during the afternoon wouldn't get you anything.  Depending on the ship, some you can do on the tv, interactive screens around the ship, by calling, sometimes in the atrium or by buffet.  There was even a time we've seen staff roaming around the buffet with specialty menus trying to get people to book.

The concierge has the ability to "oversell" a sold out restaurant (like overselling an airplane). However, once the restaurant is full (totally oversold), even the concierge can not get you a table. Just because you are in the Haven, don't think that you will always get a reservations any time you want, especially "the afternoon just before dinner time",,, especially if it is popular like Cagney's and Teppanyaki. 

If you are in the Haven, always use the concierge to book your reservations. Do not "do it yourself" with a TV,  interactive screens around the ship, atrium, or calling restaurant reservations.  

Edited by BirdTravels

• 1 month later...
On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 1:53 PM, BirdTravels said:

The concierge has the ability to "oversell" a sold out restaurant (like overselling an airplane). However, once the restaurant is full (totally oversold), even the concierge can not get you a table. Just because you are in the Haven, don't think that you will always get a reservations any time you want, especially "the afternoon just before dinner time",,, especially if it is popular like Cagney's and Teppanyaki. 

If you are in the Haven, always use the concierge to book your reservations. Do not "do it yourself" with a TV,  interactive screens around the ship, atrium, or calling restaurant reservations.  

I have had forward viewing cabins on other ships. I would book a Forward viewing Haven cabin. Probably need to book early to get one.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 9:59 AM, scapel said:

I have had forward viewing cabins on other ships. I would book a Forward viewing Haven cabin. Probably need to book early to get one.

My TA found 9706 which may have a limited forward view.

As rookies going on our first NCL in November on Getaway in the Haven, everyone's responses have helped us too, so thank you.

One question we have, we're normally loyal to Royal and would get a suite with Concierge Lounge access. Length and timing of the trip have a tremendous effect on the people mix. Older vs. younger, friendly and outgoing vs. keep-to-ourselves.  Does the makeup of the folks in the Haven tend to be pretty mixed, or skew depending on factors like trip length, departure port, etc.?  

We did the Mardi Gras trip on Celebrity a few years back, it was an 11-nighter so I figured it could skew older. We had Michael's Lounge access and even my 75-year-old Dad would've said "Wow what a bunch of boring old farts in here!!!"

Thanks.

• 1 month later...
On 4/3/2019 at 10:43 AM, Two Wheels Only said:

9706 has a limited forward-facing view from the bedroom window. The bow of the ship blocks most of the forward view....(similar to 9706 on Escape)

Thanks for the info. I suspected it would be limited. If I get a peep-hole it will be welcomed/