For a 2 PM flight - what time to disembark Cape Canaveral

fdpevey

Disembarking the NCL Epic on March 2. Flying home out of Orlando. I am NOT someone who has to hurry off and be the first in line - my flight out of Orlando isn't until 2 PM.

So how long can I wait before disembarking? No need to join the 8 AM frenzy if I don't have to. But then I've seen reports that sometimes it takes 2-3 HOURS to get to Orlando because of traffic on disembarkation days.

Can I disembark as late at 10 AM? Will that get me to Orlando (plan to us a shuttle service) by 12:00 noon?

Thanks for your experience.

The ship will likely push you off before 10:00 - they are trying to get ready for the next set of cruisers.  MCO is not a bad place to hang out compared to other airports.  You might consider a day pass to the airline lounge with several hours to kill.

BlueHerons - Interesting idea, but we'll have luggage. (Not light travelers.) Have visited Orlando many times, and will visit again, but probably not in a 2-3 hour window prior to a flight. Thanks!

JohninDC - Good point. I'll have to check on how late we CAN stay on board. On a MSC cruise last spring, we were able to stay in the lounge until we were ready to leave, but that may not be the case on the Epic.

Thanks to both of you.