Menu design survey

zebra36

I got one and replied as well.    Enjoyed doing it.     The best part was when you had to look at the new sample menu designs and tell the what chain restaurant they reminded you of.

I dumped on the current design saying the fancy font did not make up for the confusing text and boring layout.    My personal "favorite" design was the first one, which was a more portrait layout with pictures on the left side.   I also said all menus should have orange sherbet on the dessert menu every night.  :classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zdad59 said:

I got one and replied as well.    Enjoyed doing it.     The best part was when you had to look at the new sample menu designs and tell the what chain restaurant they reminded you of.

I dumped on the current design saying the fancy font did not make up for the confusing text and boring layout.    My personal "favorite" design was the first one, which was a more portrait layout with pictures on the left side.   I also said all menus should have orange sherbet on the dessert menu every night.  :classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin:

Yep, great new menu designs for the main dining room on "Applebees of the Seas". 

• Haha 1

Just tried to google Applebee's menu and received error message 1009 that The owner of this website (www.applebees.com) has banned the country or region ..... (NL) from accessing this website.!    :classic_ohmy:

Curious, What does the menu design look like?

2 hours ago, pstone1 said:

I for one would rather see Royal spend their money on better food quality than their menu design.  The food in cheap chain restaurants rarely comes looking like the menu photos anyway.  

I totally agree!

"Did the Royal menu design have photos?  Not sure what I think about that, It reminds me of a tourist menu.."

Yes. all of the menu designs had photos.

Edited by Sanz

• Clarea changed the title to Menu design survey
12 hours ago, pstone1 said:

I for one would rather see Royal spend their money on better food quality than their menu design.  The food in cheap chain restaurants rarely comes looking like the menu photos anyway.  

Agreed.

13 hours ago, pstone1 said:

I think all agree with that.    The survey did spend time on the menu items, what the survey taker liked and didn't like, and asked for responses on WHY you like an disliked particular items.    I'll give them credit for trying to improve.

37 minutes ago, zdad59 said:

I think all agree with that.    The survey did spend time on the menu items, what the survey taker liked and didn't like, and asked for responses on WHY you like an disliked particular items.    I'll give them credit for trying to improve.

Agree

22 hours ago, zebra36 said:

Got one of these this afternoon , though there were questions about the items (food) displayed on the sample menu they seemed to be just as interested in the feedback on the four sample layouts of the menu..

21 hours ago, MedicMariner said:

I got the same one. I was disappointed that there was no reward for completing it, but at least I got to make my opinions known. Maybe there’s a menu revamp in th MDR’s near future???

Getting the survey was your reward! Many of us would LOVE to get a chance to answer those questions.