Anyone have experience with Commodore on the Beach in Galveston? (Park and Cruise)

gozagswoohoo

We're leaving from Galveston on the Vista in April.  I haven't had any luck finding a decently-priced and decently located hotel that offers a Cruise-and-Park option.

Commodore on the Beach in Galveston is 1.5 miles from the port, which is great, and they said I can leave my vehicle in their lot as long as we've stayed at least one night at the hotel, but...the reviews on the place are quite rough.

Just wondering if anyone here has stayed there before?

It’s in a good location . All rooms face water beach and seawall .  Pool . It has been around a long time .  We live in Galveston. I thought I heard they up graded rooms ????. Call and ask . Lots of good restaurants around  it in walking distance. 

Stayed there several times because it will book for one night only and is cheaper than most other hotels. It is old, but the rooms are clean with great views. Parking is not covered and is behind the hotel. Some of the parking area is fenced, some not. Breakfast is sparse, but doable. It is a great location. As noted above, several walking distance restaurants. Taxi should be around $15 with tip.