Ruby Princess Internet

MsSoCalCruiser

On 2/5/2019 at 1:08 AM, antsp said:

Is the unlimited package discounted for Elite pax or do they pay the same as non Elite, Platinum pax

If you want to give up your free Platinum/Elite minutes for an unlimited package, the Surf Package will be offered to you on board for the same price anyone could purchase it pre-cruise, but at a lower price than the higher on board regular pricing.

2 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I purchased the unlimited package for $59. I was told to talk to someone on board and there might possibly be some type of refund for platinum/elite cruisers.  I don’t know if this is correct. Even if there isn’t a refund, the price for the unlimited package was great. 

Nope. You basically give up your Platinium/Elite Internet benefit when you purchase an unlimited plan.

19 minutes ago, caribill said:

For our Emerald Princess cruise last December, both minute plans and unlimited plans were offered. The Emerald does not have the upgraded Internet hardware, so both types of plans were extremely slow (and on some days no Internet worked at all).

When the upgraded (faster) hardware is on a ship, the unlimited plans are called MedallionNet.

When the upgraded hardware is NOT on a ship, the unlimited plans are called Princess Connect.

Although the unlimited plans may be offered once on the ship, they will be priced higher than if purchased pre-cruise.

Thank you, Caribill.  If I remember correctly it said medallionNet  in my cruise Personalizer.  I hope it is faster than it was a week and a half ago.

Edited by MsSoCalCruiser

10 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I purchased the unlimited package for $59. I was told to talk to someone on board and there might possibly be some type of refund for platinum/elite cruisers.  I don’t know if this is correct. Even if there isn’t a refund, the price for the unlimited package was great. 

That is a great price!

• Like 1

For what it is worth, our Cruise Personalizer does not yet provide an option for internet on our 15-day Hawaiian cruise on the Ruby Princess sailing on April 8, but I called Princess Cruise line and confirmed that the ship does now have MedallionNet and was able to order service for the length of the cruise for $130. 

Screen Shot 2019-02-14 at 11.57.35 AM.png

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mrjlhayes said:

For what it is worth, our Cruise Personalizer does not yet provide an option for internet on our 15-day Hawaiian cruise on the Ruby Princess sailing on April 8, but I called Princess Cruise line and confirmed that the ship does now have MedallionNet and was able to order service for the length of the cruise for $130. 

Screen Shot 2019-02-14 at 11.57.35 AM.png

Excellent! Thanks for updating. I've been checking my personlizer for the same sailing for over 2 weeks now. I called them over a week ago but at that point the code for the 15 days was not letting the agent on the phone apply it to my sailing at that time. I'll call again tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...