London port?

Hogs1985

I am new to the forum but I booked the TA aboard the Mardi Gras which originates in London.  The problem is the Carnival main page says London (Dover) and my itinerary on the Carnival booking says Southampton.  Does anyone know which port Carnival will sail out of, Dover or Southampton?

5 minutes ago, Hogs1985 said:

I am new to the forum but I booked the TA aboard the Mardi Gras which originates in London.  The problem is the Carnival main page says London (Dover) and my itinerary on the Carnival booking says Southampton.  Does anyone know which port Carnival will sail out of, Dover or Southampton?

Two years out? and the ship isn't even built yet?

And you expect firm details?

Loved sailing out of Southampton.  We took the train down the morning before and stayed at the Ibis Inn withing sight of the cruise ship docks.

Thanks to a Rick Steves guide book we went straight to the local laundromat and had a grand time talking with the locals while we did our wash - we'd been touring the UK for 2 weeks since doing laundry in Inverness Scotland after our first week and 1/2 😀 It's a great way to meet real locals.

We checked in at the hotel then went to a museum near the docks with a lot of sailing history.  We then wandered up toward town and stumbled upon the Red Lion Inn built in the late 15th/early 16th century, at 55 High Street.

After a couple of pints at the Inn where the barkeep was happy to entertain us with the history of the place we strolled farther in land and finally hailed a cab for the hotel after a quick stop in a shop for Cornish Pastys.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, summersigh said:

Loved sailing out of Southampton.  We took the train down the morning before and stayed at the Ibis Inn withing sight of the cruise ship docks.

Thanks to a Rick Steves guide book we went straight to the local laundromat and had a grand time talking with the locals while we did our wash - we'd been touring the UK for 2 weeks since doing laundry in Inverness Scotland after our first week and 1/2 😀 It's a great way to meet real locals.

We checked in at the hotel then went to a museum near the docks with a lot of sailing history.  We then wandered up toward town and stumbled upon the Red Lion Inn built in the late 15th/early 16th century, at 55 High Street.

After a couple of pints at the Inn where the barkeep was happy to entertain us with the history of the place we strolled farther in land and finally hailed a cab for the hotel after a quick stop in a shop for Cornish Pastys.

Thanks.  We were planning on flying in to Gatwick the day before and taking the train to Southampton. I appreciate the hotel and pub recommendations.

• Like 1