Anyone Know How We Book On Opening Day?

uromac

Hi!

Does anyone know how we book a cruise tomorrow and what do we need?  Is there a contact number and start time booking opens up, and what we will need to quickly determine what cabin, etc.....?  So hard without knowing price, dates, location of cabins, and itineraries to book in advance!!! 

Virgin Voyages we need more info !- Can't believe there is no info anywhere - just teasers!! 

Melissa

I have no idea if this is true, but someone posted on Facebook that we would receive an email tomorrow with an access code. We are supposed to call VV with that access code in order to book. They didn’t mention anything about being able to book online. I sure hope they post deck plans tomorrow!

1 hour ago, CallieS said:

I have no idea if this is true, but someone posted on Facebook that we would receive an email tomorrow with an access code. We are supposed to call VV with that access code in order to book. They didn’t mention anything about being able to book online. I sure hope they post deck plans tomorrow!

Thanks so much - Now at least I might have an email  to look forward to tomorrow! !! Hopefully there we'll be able to see the deck plans and fares too! 🙂 

2 hours ago, CallieS said:

Seriously, call to book?  The last thing I want to do is sit on the phone with someone going over potential sail dates and fares.  If I can't see it online, I won't be booking.

I haven't heard anything either.  I started looking at midnight and still nothing.  Have not received an email,  and I can't find our anything from their website or Facebook page.  I sent a note through Messenger and an email.  Hope we hear something soon.

Actually the pricing is not as bad as I thought it would be.     I was on a 7 day NCL cruise last November in a balcony cabin for $1100/person.    A 5 day oceanview is $1200/person on VV.

So pricing aside, I live in South Carolina and really dont want to fly or make a drive to Miami for just a 5 day cruise - I wish they were longer.    Also, I really dont want to be in the Caribbean during the summer months, hot and humid and the rainy season.

So my plan is to keep an eye out on pricing and wait till rates come out for November 2020 for the winter season and see where they stand.  That will be an indication of how well they are selling and how future bookings are.   

Also, what is the deal with a "secret" location?    I book cruises based on where they are going.

Im still interested in VV, just want to wait till some of the early hiccups are worked out.     

38 minutes ago, SC_GAY_Cruiser said:

Actually the pricing is not as bad as I thought it would be.     I was on a 7 day NCL cruise last November in a balcony cabin for $1100/person.    A 5 day oceanview is $1200/person on VV.

You just made me realize they are showing prices per cabin instead of per person.

Much more reasonable! Especially with tip included ($15 per day for other lines)

• Like 1

Not sure if we'll be doing any of these cruises (was hoping for the Christmas season). But I messaged Virgin on FB asking if they sent a link to deposit holders. They said:  "Not yet! Our crew is just tying up some last knots, and we'll be sending you the details very soon! In the meantime, you can check out VirginVoyages.com to start shopping." Hope that helps!

Given the schedules, the "Secret Location" can only be in the keys or Bahamas.  I'm hoping the rumors of Key West hold true, but I'm afraid it might just be Nassau.  It's also possible that they could be working on a private island or a deal to use another cruise line's private island.

The prices aren't too bad considering what's included.  I appreciate that they give the full double occupancy price rather than showing per person.  It's disappointing that they aren't sailing until April, since I was hoping to go mid-winter and it looks like their ship is much farther along than that.  I'm unsure whether to book for October or just wait until their next schedule release.