Anyone Know How We Book On Opening Day?

uromac

12 hours ago, Oville said:

We booked a ”Cheeky Corner Suite Largest Balcony” for the October 21, 2020 cruise.  Looking forward to an overnight in Havana and a ride in a classic car.

When you booked the suite, did they require an additional deposit to bring you up to 20%, or was the existing $500 enough?

3 minutes ago, timf2001 said:

When you booked the suite, did they require an additional deposit to bring you up to 20%, or was the existing $500 enough?

Existing $500 was enough for us. We didn't pay any additional when we booked yesterday.

2 minutes ago, timf2001 said:

We booked a suite and were charged $90 more. We booked the "Sweet Aft Suite - Biggest Terrace". I was leaning toward the Corner suites but didn't like the layout of the cabin interior and it was another 1K which would have been OK but the funky shape of the room didn't appeal to me. I bet it has killer views though!

I'm leaning towards one of the Sweet Aft Suites.  I'm a bit concerned that they don't have a sofa or indoor seating other than a weird looking woven chair, but with only 4 days I probably won't be spending too much time in the room.  It's more about having a larger real bed.  I do like the layout of the Cheeky Corner Suites, but it's not worth the extra $1000.

Edited by timf2001

8 minutes ago, timf2001 said:

I'm leaning towards one of the Sweet Aft Suites.  I'm a bit concerned that they don't have a sofa or indoor seating other than a weird looking woven chair, but with only 4 days I probably won't be spending too much time in the room.  It's more about having a larger real bed.  I do like the layout of the Cheeky Corner Suites, but it's not worth the extra $1000.

We will spend the extra grand on keeping the champagne table filled and sitting on the balcony!

1 minute ago, TITISSA said:

I'm think about the Seriously Suite (I only like mid-ship). Is the champagne bottle included? 

Champagne TABLE. A place to put champagne bottles. The table is on the balcony. I don't think champagne is included, but I could be wrong.

1 minute ago, TITISSA said:

I'm think about the Seriously Suite (I only like mid-ship). Is the champagne bottle included? 

All the suites are supposed to include a fully stocked bar.  I'm guessing a bottle of champagne is included, but it's rather vague as to what they provide.  If you are in one of the Mega suites, you get to specify exactly what you want stocked.

I called back today and let the Seriously Suite go and booked a Central Sea Terrace for the April 1 sailing. I found that yesterday the guy gave me a total that was $500 too high and today I got a total that was $500 lower than my actual total.  I think that the $500 pre deposit is messing them up. The only cabins left (for the 'first" (sort of) cruise) appear to be Central Sea Terraces and suites.  

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

Did VV say that somewhere?

Oops, it's 2 bottles per cabin, not passenger.

https://help.virginvoyages.com/s/helpportal-helpcategory

Can I bring alcohol on board?

As an Adult-by-Design voyage, we have an extensive array of carefully selected beer, wine and expert cocktail options shipwide. If you must bring that rare bottle of red you got in the south of France, we get it. Sailors are also welcome to bring 2 bottles of wine per cabin in carry-on bags (sorry, no liquor or beer please). Please note, any alcohol in your checked luggage will be collected pre-voyage and returned once your voyage is complete. You are also welcome to bring specialty liquors from a port of call on board. Simply hand them to our security team as you board, and we will hold them until the last night of your voyage.

19 hours ago, TheChadd said:

Oops, it's 2 bottles per cabin, not passenger.

https://help.virginvoyages.com/s/helpportal-helpcategory

Can I bring alcohol on board?

As an Adult-by-Design voyage, we have an extensive array of carefully selected beer, wine and expert cocktail options shipwide. If you must bring that rare bottle of red you got in the south of France, we get it. Sailors are also welcome to bring 2 bottles of wine per cabin in carry-on bags (sorry, no liquor or beer please). Please note, any alcohol in your checked luggage will be collected pre-voyage and returned once your voyage is complete. You are also welcome to bring specialty liquors from a port of call on board. Simply hand them to our security team as you board, and we will hold them until the last night of your voyage.

Keeping out the riff raff by not allowing carry-on beer?  Seriously?

• Haha 1

I've booked a Seriously Suite and had to pay an extra deposit of $220. This is for the Dominican Daze Sept. 18. We've been to Cuba already and we don't want to go back. It was so sad... Don't want to go to Costa Maya (we were just there for New Year's Eve). I have to say the itineraries are pretty blah! But I'm looking forward to something new in cruising.

15 minutes ago, TITISSA said:

I've booked a Seriously Suite and had to pay an extra deposit of $220. This is for the Dominican Daze Sept. 18. We've been to Cuba already and we don't want to go back. It was so sad... Don't want to go to Costa Maya (we were just there for New Year's Eve). I have to say the itineraries are pretty blah! But I'm looking forward to something new in cruising.

I agree about the ports. Been to all several times except Cuba, so I booked it but I really am not that interested in going. I think the ship will be where I will be spending most of my time. Who knows where this secret location will be? By the time we go, September 9th, there will be much more information out and changes are easy with Virgin as long as there are cabins available.

On 2/5/2019 at 9:28 AM, SC_GAY_Cruiser said:

Actually the pricing is not as bad as I thought it would be.     I was on a 7 day NCL cruise last November in a balcony cabin for $1100/person.    A 5 day oceanview is $1200/person on VV.

I just priced out a 5 day NCL in Aug 2020 to Costa Maya and it was $2,286 with the gratuities on the dining plan, plus the $145 for daily service charges for a total of about $2,431 on one of NCL's newer ships. VV on their website has a comparable mid-ship balcony for $2,250 in Aug. 2020.

It's as comparable as I can get the two cruises. No daily service charges on VV, and there's no extra charge for the free specialty dining or wifi (the perks I chose on the NCL booking that sometimes result in extra charges). I may book it on the 14th so we can try VV. We've taken a few shorter cruises out of Miami after visiting Disney World for a few days, so we might do that again.

The day after I booked a cruise for Sept. next year I cancelled it. I'm just not completely sold on the Scarlet Lady. My cabin cost $3,700 K for 5 days going to ports that I don't really care for. Maybe VV will be too funky for me... I'm 60 and I don't care for tattoo parlors and 

drag shows (however, I think that would be interesting). Why do you need an electric guitar in your cabin? Isn't that going to be too loud for your next door neighbor?! I don't think I would like to share those big beds on the sun deck with people I don't know. I think I'm just getting cold feet and I might be too old or just feel too old for the VV vibe. I will wait for real cruisers' pictures and reviews. No need to rush into it. But I wish you all who are booked a wonderful time. Come back and let us know. Who knows,I might get the Scarlet bug again...

• Like 2