Does HAL now have Obnoxious music blaring Cabin locations?

eusrmb

While, if so, then this is just unheard of...  And, I have sailed Princess and been on the Princess forum here...

It does sound now like something must have happened.

And, Princess has been known to be, well, inconsistant with things.

So, this was now supposedly on the ROYAL and the CROWN....

( I was recently on the sister ship the Royal,  the REGAL)

Who the heck is taking the controls????

If Princess is actually and knowingly floating this as a new idea on a couple of ships,  I would certainly assume that the feedback would be very similar to yours.  I would not think that this would continue, much less go fleet-wide.

Cruise lines are always floating ideas and changes.

And, like any blaring music on speakers would def. be a total change...  I just experienced the 'NEW' dining and culinary offerings on Princess.  And, it was BAD, BAD, B A D.

(Not sure if this is being rolled out on the ROYAL yet????)

The thing is, OP,  when posting about issues such as this, it might be beneficial, and get a lot more credibility and consideration, if the tone was much improved... 

Edited by Wishing on a star

There used to be a band on HAL called the "Halcats"- was deleted several years ago.  They played by the pool for a few hours per day.  There was a lot of controversy from passengers who loved the loud music, and the ones who hated it.  I thought that band was one of the best they had, then or now.  But, I understand those who wanted a little peace during the day.  

• Like 1

I often play "musical chairs" on various ships.....go find a quiet place in crows nest or empty lounge or showroom...sit down with book hoping to have nice quiet place to read...then somebody decides i need some sort of background music and away i go searching for a quiet place...

I do understand a band by the pool or such entertainment but do we really need to have background music playing over and over....with the days of music on phones and MP3 players can't people who want music just listen with earplugs to music of their choice without everyone being forced to listen to whatever background music some CD or bartender decides to play?

• Thanks 1

On 2/5/2019 at 12:09 PM, eusrmb said:

We have been on 2 HAL cruises and were very happy with both.  We recently sailed on Princess and not as happy. Apparently Carnival now owns Princess and HAL. Seems Carnival thinks playing horrid rock music in cabin hallways is something people want, which can be heard in cabin on embarkation day and disembarkation.  There was no where on Princess that was quiet. Same awful music going constantly in food court. Forget a library, it was a joke. I am wondering if HAL has changed since Carnival took over.  I would hope Carnival hasn't ruined the peace and quiet, if you want that.  It was so nice to sit on the promenade deck and read, look at ocean, walk, etc. I would not sail Princess again, too crowded, food area a zoo, top deck had gigantic Movie screen and the level of music up there was ear splitting. Also, no promenade deck. Just hoping HAL hasn't been ruined by Carnival. 

Appears Princess is not for you.  

Thank goodness there are other cruise lines to choose from.

Good luck.  And enjoy your cruise.

King

On 2/6/2019 at 2:01 PM, eusrmb said:

No where did I blame Carnival Corp for this.  You are inferring and making wrong conclusions.  Check Poinsettiaplate - Cool Cruiser , she said the same thing. I hope that's the end of your mindless comments.  You weren't there, you have no idea how it went. 

The following quote from your post certainly makes it look like you were blaming Carnival since you mentioned both their ownership and made a comment about carnival and the music.  

"We have been on 2 HAL cruises and were very happy with both.  We recently sailed on Princess and not as happy. Apparently Carnival now owns Princess and HAL. Seems Carnival thinks playing horrid rock music in cabin hallways is something people want,"

Edited by RDC1
  • Like 1