Discovery Venice 23rd September 2019

Hi hopefully someone can help. Will be arriving in Venice 23/9/19. Info from Marella website states time in port for Venice 8.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m.

Does this mean literally time on 'land' and dock earlier than this, e.g  7 a.m.  or is 8 the docking time and all aboard for 6p.m.

We would like to book an excursion leaving Venice 8.00 a.m. or close to.

Thank you in advance.

It means arriving at 8 and leaving at 6

you will not be able to get off the ship until about 8.30 unless the ship arrives earlier than 8 and you will need to be back on board for 5.30

i hope you can arrange your trip around these times

• Thanks 1

Thank you Vitalsign and Jim, sometimes you just need someone to verify what is staring you in the face in the hope that it will be different. The trip we would have liked to have taken - Dolomites - leaves at 8 sharp I have been informed so seems no room for negotiation there. Not the end of the world. I'm sure we will find something else. Thanks again.

1 hour ago, mourne said:

Thank you Vitalsign and Jim, sometimes you just need someone to verify what is staring you in the face in the hope that it will be different. The trip we would have liked to have taken - Dolomites - leaves at 8 sharp I have been informed so seems no room for negotiation there. Not the end of the world. I'm sure we will find something else. Thanks again.

Have you been to Venice before?  If not you would be missing a fabulous city.  The trip to the Dolomites would take well over 2 hours each way so you would be spending most of the day in a coach.  Even if you have been to Venice before, there is lots to see and do.  We love to just wander the streets and take in the atmosphere.

Hi dronnygirl,  Yes we have been to Venice before and indeed it is lovely. This time we thought we would like to try a different type of tour but the timing is not right and too stressful. However there are lots of other tours available and as you say just a wander around is another option.