Mobil passport app

chief542

I've used it a few times at Port Everglades, each time at terminal 2.  It has been great and saved us a LOT of time since we got to skip the lines.  In December we first had to get in a general line but then split away to the Mobile Passport line when we got to the main queue.  Took about 5 minutes more but there were hundreds of folks in the main queue so it saved us a lot of time then too.

When I was at terminal 4 at PE this past November it appeared to me that Mobil Passport people were herded into the same line with Global Entry people.  Which is a grip of mine. Remind me WHY I paid $100.00 for Global Entry when Mobil Passport is free.

22 minutes ago, hpeabody said:

When I was at terminal 4 at PE this past November it appeared to me that Mobil Passport people were herded into the same line with Global Entry people.  Which is a grip of mine. Remind me WHY I paid $100.00 for Global Entry when Mobil Passport is free.

Mobile Passport just gets you into the shorter line. You still have to show your passport. In the case of TSA screening, Mobile Passport app does not get you out of that. 

19 minutes ago, hpeabody said:

Remind me WHY I paid $100.00 for Global Entry when Mobil Passport is free.

TSA Pre Check, maybe?  That’s at least 50% of the reason we got ours.  

Also, please remember that if you have Global Entry and a KTN, if you try to use Mobile Passport, you will get the dreaded big red X on your entry paperwork thereby forcing you into a general line. It’s strictly either/or. Not both. (Don’t ask me how I know this.)