Communicating with your party

BonnieSte

1) I haven't been on RCCL in a couple of years. Last year when I was on Carnival they had an app to download on your phone and you could text with someone in your party when you got      separated. Has RCCL come up with anything similar?

2) With the drink package, is the wine by the glass still wines under $10.00 a glass?

Thank you for your help

1 minute ago, BonnieSte said:

1) I haven't been on RCCL in a couple of years. Last year when I was on Carnival they had an app to download on your phone and you could text with someone in your party when you got      separated. Has RCCL come up with anything similar?

Some ships have this, at an extra cost.  You sign up once on board, need to have the Royal IQ app (this is what it was on Anthem last April, it may be changing) on each device, then when you open the app you can sign up for the messaging feature.  Each device has to pay the fee.

For what it's worth - we used Google Hangouts.  At the time there was a "hole" in the firewall that allowed that and (apparently) Apple's Messages apps to work without paying for internet.  Don't rely on that, the hole could be closed at any time.

14 minutes ago, hallux said:

Seems it's only on Anthem, Ovation and Quantum.  However - there was discussion previously about things being revamped so the replacement may be on other ships already.

The replacement is the RCI app - currently on 13 ships but only two (Allure and Harmony) have the texting feature.