Strange Latitudes Level Situation

rigs32

I just finished an NCL cruise that was supposed to put me a couple days away from platinum status.  Strangely, my account now lists me as platinum instead of gold, but I should still be a few days away.

Im not complaining, but am confused why this might be the case.  That said, it would be great to have those extra perks on my next cruise!

9 hours ago, rigs32 said:

I just finished an NCL cruise that was supposed to put me a couple days away from platinum status.  Strangely, my account now lists me as platinum instead of gold, but I should still be a few days away.

Im not complaining, but am confused why this might be the case.  That said, it would be great to have those extra perks on my next cruise!

Just off the Breakaway in January and should have been a few days away from Platinum as well after the cruise. To my surprise, i checked my Latitudes a few days later and it shows we are now Platinum. Not complaining either. I made sure to take a screen shot just in case.

• Like 1

NCL are grandfathering people into the old latitudes levels. It doesn’t seem to be a mistake and nobody has yet reported having their status changed back (I’d be extremely surprised if they ever are).

Relatively few people are aware of this because, as it is a good thing, every time it is mentioned the thread dies after a few comments. Good news isn’t very exciting,

Edited by KeithJenner

6 minutes ago, casofilia said:

The reason is almost certainly that you booked the cruise under the old terms before the level change requirements changed; about Feb 2018.

It was actually Feb 2017, but the booking date seems to be irrelevant anyway as they have been honouring the old tier level requirements regardless of when cruises were booked.

I wonder if people are being grandfathered in as long as you sailed with NCL before and not necessarily when they booked the cruise itself. I booked a last minute cruise when I was silver and after completing the cruise I should have still been silver but was bumped up to gold. I’m not complaining.

7 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

That is my guess as to what it happening. Very difficult to confirm though.

Yes very difficult to confirm - but I think the same - maybe NCL is just letting the grandfathered guests use the old

school awards and it will all level out in the end.

There are not a great deal of these grandfathered situations - probably is not worth NCL's time to argue search verify

and restore any lost rewards points even though NCL is making a statement to that effect:

" Note: We can only credit your Latitudes Rewards account with missing points for cruises taken within the last 12 months."

In the process souring a Customer Relations battle all for a free laundry dinner w/bottle of vino and faux champagne

in the cabin.

The airlines do not make money flying with perishable empty seats - same for NCL is not going to make money sailing

with empty cabins - grandfathered guests are true bread and butter loyal money makers - keep'em happy and they

will come back.

The breakdown was:

Bronze = 1-19

Silver = 20-47

Gold = 48-75

Platinum started at 76 points and there was no P + or Ambassador

New Breakdown is:

Bronze = 1 - 29 points

Silver = 30 - 54 points

Gold = 55 - 79 points

Platinum = 80 - 174 points

Platinum Plus = 175 - 699 points