Help needed filling out claim form

cathi007

Hi I just got back from a 14 night cruise. I purchased the Nationwide Luxury Cruise plan way before I left for my cruise. This plan, for me (live in CT), has an itinerary change part, where if the itinerary changes BEFORE you sail, each person on the policy gets a payment of 1250.00. A few months before we set sail the itinerary changed. I knew I was going to be able to make the claim. So I am filling out the claim form and it is asking who the Travel Supplier/Provider information is. I know some of you have collected on this exact benefit (that is why I purchased this particular plan), so does anyone have an answer? They make these forms tricky. Thanks for any and all help,

Cathy

12 minutes ago, cathi007 said:

Hi I just got back from a 14 night cruise. I purchased the Nationwide Luxury Cruise plan way before I left for my cruise. This plan, for me (live in CT), has an itinerary change part, where if the itinerary changes BEFORE you sail, each person on the policy gets a payment of 1250.00. A few months before we set sail the itinerary changed. I knew I was going to be able to make the claim. So I am filling out the claim form and it is asking who the Travel Supplier/Provider information is. I know some of you have collected on this exact benefit (that is why I purchased this particular plan), so does anyone have an answer? They make these forms tricky. Thanks for any and all help,

Cathy

Yup, I had to call Steve about that one with our second claim.  The first one, we had used a travel agent.

I take it you made all the plans yourself, and did not use a travel agent?

Then AFAIK, *you* are the equivalent.  I just put my name/contact info in, and the claim was paid.

If you aren't sure, you can call Nationwide.

The only other possibility in a case like this would be the cruise company itself.  But we had a non-cruise situation, so I had booked all the flights and hotels, so there wasn't even a cruiseline for a "provider".

If they don't like that, they'll tell you what to put in that space (or maybe to leave it blank)?

I've ended up putting my name in that spot each time (we've had several claims, unfortunately), although not with Nationwide.

Good luck.

GC

2 minutes ago, GeezerCouple said:

Yup, I had to call Steve about that one with our second claim.  The first one, we had used a travel agent.

I take it you made all the plans yourself, and did not use a travel agent?

Then AFAIK, *you* are the equivalent.  I just put my name/contact info in, and the claim was paid.

If you aren't sure, you can call Nationwide.

The only other possibility in a case like this would be the cruise company itself.  But we had a non-cruise situation, so I had booked all the flights and hotels, so there wasn't even a cruiseline for a "provider".

If they don't like that, they'll tell you what to put in that space (or maybe to leave it blank)?

I've ended up putting my name in that spot each time (we've had several claims, unfortunately), although not with Nationwide.

Good luck.

GC

I did use a TA, so should I put her? Thanks 🙂