Our first time in Bermuda, will be on Celebrity Summit

NCteacherlovescruising

I'm so excited to finally be going to Bermuda.  I am a planner so I'm trying to plan out our time there.  I know I will want to go to Horseshoe Bay Beach.  I'm thinking maybe the caves, or some snorkeling.  We have $300 onboard credit.  Any of Celebrity's excursions great?  I was looking at several...nature hiking tour, snorkeling tour, mini-bus, cave tour...so many options.  What's up with their weight restrictions?  My husband is a big guy, but capable of doing and has done, all of these types of activities in the past.  

What to do in Bermuda with only 3 days there, besides Horseshoe?  Are the island tours good?  Snorkeling?  Shopping?  I'm up for whatever.  We will be celebrating our 25th anniversary so I want to make the most of it, but not get exhausted.  We are in our early 50's and will be traveling alone.

Get the bus/ferry pass immediately upon arrival and take yourself for a lot less money to anywhere on the island.

Bermuda is small enough to self-tour without paying the cruise line outrageous money for what amounts to a very expensive bus trip and over-priced admission charge.

You don't need to do any ship's excursions in Bermuda. You are there for 3 days, plan everything on your own.

They don’t need to do any ships excursions but with $300 OBC they might want to. One cruise to Bermuda I had a heck of a time using up that non refundable OBC. Luckily I found some stuff to buy on the ship at the iLounge, they resell Apple products, so I didn’t have to use it on a ships excursion but that was on the table. What I found out the following year is that by not taking the $300 OBC the cost of the cruise went down the $300.....go figure! Sometimes a deal is not a deal!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We did Bermuda last June on the Summit in Aqua class and loved Bermuda.  Did the Island tour through the ship and took several other tours.  Bermuda is classy and a little expensive and once you go you will not go back to the Bahamas. 

All of the excursions are well done and of course what you do is to your taste.  Can't do it all.  Hamilton on Wed night was great. 

• Like 1

I agree, plan your own tours and save money and get smaller groups.  Your gratuities onboard will eat through most of your onboard credit if you did not receive them as well.  The bus ferry pass is a great way to do it yourself. 

On 2/11/2019 at 9:38 AM, Charles4515 said:

They don’t need to do any ships excursions but with $300 OBC they might want to. One cruise to Bermuda I had a heck of a time using up that non refundable OBC. Luckily I found some stuff to buy on the ship at the iLounge, they resell Apple products, so I didn’t have to use it on a ships excursion but that was on the table. What I found out the following year is that by not taking the $300 OBC the cost of the cruise went down the $300.....go figure! Sometimes a deal is not a deal!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting.  I didn't try it without taking advantage of all four perks.  Next time I will try it both ways to see.

Since you are celebrating your 25th Anniversary, consider using some of your OBC to purchase the unlimited photo/digital plan (which is usually on sale for $199.  You could get some anniversary photos as well as some of the cruise/Bermuda photos. 

I do agree with the others that you can do most tours yourself  better/cheaper by hiring private company or DYI.  You might want to take a look and see if there is any unique ship tour offered that you and your DH would want to do, but for most tours, there are plenty of other offerings just as good/better from outside the ship.  On the last day, if you want to take a tour, you might take a ship's tour to get the guarantee that the ship will wait if anything happens to delay the tour.