One Family Veranda became available 14 months early on Silhouette?

tallnthensome

So, I have no experience with Family Verandas on Celebrity. This would be specific to the Silhouette. I have a 12 day southern  on the Silhouette booked for April 2020 for my family of four (kids 9&11). Booked it back in 2018. I currently have (had) a standard 1A balcony on deck 9 on the hump. Just yesterday out of nowhere one of the large four family verandas aboard was available. I have never seen this. It was about $475 more total than the 1A on the hump. I immediately called and switched to this cabin, 7107. I'm not experienced with Celebrity but I have read that these cabins need to have 5 people. I also read that they don't become available for less people until around 60 days if no one books them even though they are sold out on every sailing I look at. The cost? I thought $475 more was a great deal considering the huge size of this room. Maybe I'm wrong but is $475 a good price for this move up for 12 days? Why did it become available so long before booking? I've done lots of searching on CC and Google but will take any thoughts or opinions on these cabins or the price? It will be post revolution dry dock so it should be refreshed as well. Thanks in advance for any insight! 

I think $475 is a good deal.  The large space and separate bedroom for the kids is a huge plus.  We have not stayed in a FV on the S Class but know some who have, their only complaint was that they were awaken early on port days by noise as the ship was docking.

54 minutes ago, jelayne said:

I think $475 is a good deal.  The large space and separate bedroom for the kids is a huge plus.  We have not stayed in a FV on the S Class but know some who have, their only complaint was that they were awaken early on port days by noise as the ship was docking.

Thanks! I've also read this but we are a family that is up between 4-5 AM every day including weekends so that may only be a small issue if any for us early risers. 

It is absolutely amazing!! We were lucky enough to book one on the Solstice last year 7 days before sailing for $900 more than a regular balcony. In my opinion, it was worth every penny.

It was for DH, our 2 year old son and myself for a 12 nights Hawai’i cruise. Our son was still napping and going to bed early on some nights, so the ability to close the door to one of the bedrooms and still have a HUGE living room to hang out in was amazing. I believe it is bigger than a lot of the suites. The pictures did not do justice on how large the room actually was! 

Like a previous poster said, it is loud when docking, but like you, we were either up or getting ready to get up so it was not a huge inconvenience.

We were crossing the Pacific, so when there were huge waves, we definitely felt it! But I think that would be the case in any of the FWD cabins.

It is quite the walk to get to the cabin. But on a 12 night cruise, the exercise is probably a good thing 😉

One rule we had was that all of our curtains had to be closed and lights off on the balcony in the evenings. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

So, I have no experience with Family Verandas on Celebrity. This would be specific to the Silhouette. I have a 12 day southern  on the Silhouette booked for April 2020 for my family of four (kids 9&11). Booked it back in 2018. I currently have (had) a standard 1A balcony on deck 9 on the hump. Just yesterday out of nowhere one of the large four family verandas aboard was available. I have never seen this. It was about $475 more total than the 1A on the hump. I immediately called and switched to this cabin, 7107. I'm not experienced with Celebrity but I have read that these cabins need to have 5 people. I also read that they don't become available for less people until around 60 days if no one books them even though they are sold out on every sailing I look at. The cost? I thought $475 more was a great deal considering the huge size of this room. Maybe I'm wrong but is $475 a good price for this move up for 12 days? Why did it become available so long before booking? I've done lots of searching on CC and Google but will take any thoughts or opinions on these cabins or the price? It will be post revolution dry dock so it should be refreshed as well. Thanks in advance for any insight! 

You did good and at an awesome price.  We've been in the Solstice class FVs 5 times so far and we love them.

We have booked another one on the first Silhouette cruise following her Revolution dry dock. So we will see how that goes. 

A photo of of our Reflection FV 8107 last month

E2DF482B-41DB-401E-8168-6E3DB05CE2B4.jpeg

• Like 2

I think that sometimes if you speak to Celebrity when booking direct and ask about these cabins you may be able to book one then even though they are not ‘released’ for on line booking.

I have been in one on a short sailing and it was a great size. It has been the only time we have ordered a meal from room service due to the proper dining table. I think it was 7107 we were in. 

You are aware of the anchor noise, and that is the only downside I think, though the balcony is quite shaded too but that is personal preference.