embarkation day question

cruznwithmom

We are on the Wind July 13. Our flight will arrive 9 am ish. We have a transfer from the airport. It looks like embarkation does not begin until 2pm.

Usually we go a night early and stay at the hotel until we can embark, but we have never had an embarkation this late in the day, and we are arriving day of.

Will we be able to drop out bags and the head out on our own for a few hours? We are getting the airport transfer from Silver Sea, so wondering how this will all work. We have not been on Silver Sea before

Embarkation has been listed on official publications as 2 PM. In practice, however, boring of Silversea ships in my experience has always begun at noon,  barring some extraordinary circumstances such as the late arrival of the ship because of storms, mechanical problems, etc. 

From my experience it’s always been 11am embarkation begins (or more specifically, they allow boarding to start.

When you say you have a transfer booked, is this SS transfers or something you have booked? I suspect all airport transfers by SS would always be by private taxi’s and they would simply take you direct to the ship once you arrive. Where is your departure from?

Anyway, the collection of bags at the ship embarkation point I suspect would be manned early enough for you not to need to be concerned with your stated flight times. There would be no problem simply dropping your bags off and going for a stroll or boarding at 11ish and having an early stroll around the ship. In fact our last was in Singapore. We chose not to take the SS transfer and paid for a taxi from the hotel and arrived at the Ship at 10.45. Handed in our bags, went through Passport control and security at 11 got on the ship, then decided to go back into the shopping complex just outside. 

Lets hope your flights do arrive to schedule! (But that’s potentially another story if late!)