Virgin Drinks

tedly1960

Good day all. We are booking a cruise soon for 2020. I know things can change from day to day or week to week but we are trying to decide whether to get the free drink package (I know we have to pay the gratuity portion) or not. My wife doesn't drink. I was wondering at any and all of the bars will they make a virgin drink of your choice and charge you accordingly or would they still charge whatever the drink cost with alcohol? Our experience last spring in Europe was that bars only had a limited virgin drink menu (mostly sweet fruity options) and if my wife wanted a virgin drink that wasn't offered on the virgin menu, they would charge the full price of the drink even if there was no alcohol in it. They wouldn't deviate from the virgin menu. Is this the same on Norwegian? We will be sailing on the Dawn. 

Thanks in advance.

When I have ordered a virgin pina colada or other frozen drink I have been charged less than the full version.  I haven't had the Beverage package, but most virgin concocktions ran about $8 so it still might be worth it to get the package.  She can get ginger beer and of course the whole pepsi product soft drink line that NCL carries as well.

5 hours ago, tedly1960 said:

Good day all. We are booking a cruise soon for 2020. I know things can change from day to day or week to week but we are trying to decide whether to get the free drink package (I know we have to pay the gratuity portion) or not. My wife doesn't drink. I was wondering at any and all of the bars will they make a virgin drink of your choice and charge you accordingly or would they still charge whatever the drink cost with alcohol? Our experience last spring in Europe was that bars only had a limited virgin drink menu (mostly sweet fruity options) and if my wife wanted a virgin drink that wasn't offered on the virgin menu, they would charge the full price of the drink even if there was no alcohol in it. They wouldn't deviate from the virgin menu. Is this the same on Norwegian? We will be sailing on the Dawn. 

Thanks in advance.

Any virgin drinks and sodas would be covered by the beverage package. You should consider the total costs of what the two of you will drink over the course ofo the cruise and if the value is close to the ame as the SC ont eh drink package I would go with the drink package.

NCL will make any drink a virgin drink as long as they have the ingredients.

13 hours ago, ArtInMotionPersians said:

We booked with a travel agent & the gratuity fees were waived as one of our "perks".  (throwing another option into your dilemma) 

They weren't waived, they were paid by the TA as an additional perk, however I suspect that what was covered was the DSC, or what many call your tips. If you get a beverage package there are still service charges associated with it. Approximatley $100 per person per week.