Msc Bellisima or Oasis of the Seas??

Amdinitto

question: we are thinking of booking a cruise for this summer.

We have done a cruise before ( Celebrity Reflection for our honeymoon) and now thinking of cruising again now with our daughter of 4 😉 But we can't decide between Oasis of the seas, the MSC Bellissima, Seaview or something else... can anyone give us advice?

We are definitly foodies thats why we liked Celebrity so much... but we think the cruise line Celebrity or Celebrity Edge won’t be so much to do for ou daughter like Royal or MSC has...

many thanks !

Edited by Amdinitto

Hi there - depends on your budget!!  We too have sailed on most lines.  In terms of MSC or Royal Caribbean - we have sailed on the Meraviglia (sister ship of Belisimma) and loved their LED ceiling.  We also sailed on the Seaview but much preferred Mera....  Last year, we were on the Symphony of the Seas and have also sailed on Harmony (we have also sailed Quantum and Ovation).  In general I find Royal Caribbean to be a lot more expensive than MSC for a family.  So much so that my husband and I will sail on Royal and leave our son at home; alternatively I will just sail with my son!  We also tend to avoid the med in summer as it is generally much more expensive whoever you sail with (but I'm sure that you know that already!).  In my opinion for the same grade of cabin, length of cruise, similar itinerary and if the price were the same; I would opt for Royal.  I just think there is much more to do than with MSC.

In terms of your question, I did a mock booking.  I looked at the end of summer ("cooler" summer med temperatures, less crowding(?).  Marseille to Marseille for 7 nights 31 August 2019 MSC Belissima bella balcony 3,177 euros. approx per cabin.  On Oasis balcony 5036 euros per cabin, departing on 1.1.19 for similar itinerary. 

If you could wait until next year(!) - Allure (sister of Oasis) - Bcn to Bcn, 7 nights inside cabin = 3,362 euros on 30.8.20.  MSC Grandiosa (sister of Belissima) inside cabin = 2,377 euros for inside cabin on 29.8.20.

Hope this helps!

12 hours ago, Amdinitto said:

Ok thanks, just one more question: what about the food? Difference between the ships in terms of quality?

I cannot speak for Bellissima, having only sailed on one MSC ship (Musica). I would say the quality of the food on RC is slightly better, particularly if you like beef - MSC seem to use a lot of pork. Many people complain that food on MSC is lukewarm and that portions are small. We didn't find either of these issues a problem. As for choices (except for quality beef, and maybe lamb) the choices on the MDR menu were about the same, more choice of (very good) pasta on MSC, we also liked the fact that MSC had themed nights in the dining room on some nights..

Where Oasis stands out is with Speciality Dining, and if you are foodies who are prepared to spend extra then a dining package would be the way to go. I googled Bellissima and see they have a tapas, a sushi/teppanyaki and a steak restaurant. on Oasis you have a much bigger choice of specialities and can also have dinner in the Solarium without extra charge.

As others have pointed out RC can't be beaten for kids and if price isn't an issue I wouldn't hesitate to choose Oasis.

Haven't sailed MSC (4 weeks and counting) but I have sailed RCCL many times, and I'll vote for Oasis.

If you can wait till next year, they are refurbishing the ship at the end of 2019.  You can also try Oasis's sister ships -- Allure, Harmony, Symphony.

All good choices for the little one. 

oh my the best answer I can give is "Do an Oasis class at least once".

Wonderful variety of shows, restaurants and places to relax as well as 4 pools and the solarium in the front (adults)

Never can you look back on any Oasis class ships and say "there was not enough to do or eat"