Transport from Tokyo cruise port to Haneda airport

Oliversgrandma

Hi everyone.  We have just been notified of a change of disembarkation port for our Japan cruise on Celebrity Millennium ending on 27th April.  The disembarkation port is now Tokyo cruise port (NOT Yokohama, which is where we embark on 13th April).   I cannot find any info regarding easy transportation from Tokyo cruise port to Haneda, though it does not look far on the map.  The ship docks at 05.30 and we  need to be at Haneda airport by 08.30 on the 27th.  Can anyone advise the best method of transport, either train, bus or taxi.   We are a party of 4 with luggage.  Many thanks in advance.  

Public transportation is a bit of a pain from Oi Marine Terminal.  And with your early departure, I wouldn't chance it.   But if you insist, you walk about 5 minutes to TOEI BUS STATION (OI WHARF), take a 15 minute bus ride to SHINGAWA TRAIN STATION, then use the KIEOKO LINE TRAIN to get to Haneda (15 minutes if you catch the Airport express, longer if you don't).  Train schedule and fares at Hyperdia.  

Tokyo Airporter has quoted me a cost of 11,000 ¥ ($100) for a 7 passenger van (which will fit a MAXIMUM of six people with luggage, though 5 is a much safer number).   A taxi will cost a bit less (note that the flat rate taxi plan does NOT include Oi), and will fit a maximum of three with luggage.  If you have tons of luggage, it will fit two.   Maybe you can find others who need to be at the airport that early on our roll call.    Since Oi Terminal is not used very often by cruise ships, and is off the beaten path, I would suggest pre-arranging transportation.  I wouldn't count on taxis queuing up when we disembark. 

The City of Tokyo currently has only one real Cruise Terminal. That is Harumi Terminal on an island in Tokyo Bay.

Most cruise ships today are too large to fit under the Rainbow Bridge to get to Harumi.

The secondary Cruise Terminal - for larger ships - is Osanbashi Terminal in Yokohama.

Third choice is Oi Cargo Terminal, located just South of the Rainbow Bridge, and very close to Haneda Airport.

Thanks for the replies.  Bruce - we are disembarking at Oi Marine terminal.

We have now had notification from Celebrity that there will be bus transport provided from the ship to Shinagawa station so if we can disembark early we could use the train as suggested by JK.  There will be four of us so the other option is pre-booking an airport taxi.  I will look into getting quotes.  Thanks again.

6 hours ago, Oliversgrandma said:

Thanks for the replies.  Bruce - we are disembarking at Oi Marine terminal.

We have now had notification from Celebrity that there will be bus transport provided from the ship to Shinagawa station so if we can disembark early we could use the train as suggested by JK.  There will be four of us so the other option is pre-booking an airport taxi.  I will look into getting quotes.  Thanks again.

What is the price of that bus transport?

1 minute ago, jkgourmet said:

What is the price of that bus transport?

Hi jk.  The email from Celebrity says "limited free public bus transportation will be provided by the Tokyo port authority to Shinagawa station.   Guests must hand carry their luggage aboard the bus as luggage compartments are not available on public transportation.  Local taxis will be allowed access to the pier but supply may be limited due to the Japan Golden Travel Week".  

It would be difficult using the public bus with the luggage for 4 people (we are all seniors).  We are getting quotes for a taxi from  the cruise terminal to Haneda and will pre-book.  No replies as yet.  

Fingers crossed we see the cherry blossom.  Getting excited now.  

3 hours ago, Oliversgrandma said:

Hi jk.  The email from Celebrity says "limited free public bus transportation will be provided by the Tokyo port authority to Shinagawa station.   Guests must hand carry their luggage aboard the bus as luggage compartments are not available on public transportation.  Local taxis will be allowed access to the pier but supply may be limited due to the Japan Golden Travel Week".  

It would be difficult using the public bus with the luggage for 4 people (we are all seniors).  We are getting quotes for a taxi from  the cruise terminal to Haneda and will pre-book.  No replies as yet.  

My email from X also includes this:

For your convenience bus transfers to Narita and Haneda airport will be available for purchase onboard for guests departing on flights after 12:30 PM. Shore Excursions with airport drop-off will also be offered. We strongly recommend that you take advantage of these options and visit the Guest Relations Desk early in the voyage to secure airport transfers.

I agree that using public transportation doesn't make sense when four of us can share a van for 11,000 yen (about $100 USD) from Tokyo Airporter to Haneda.   I'm wondering what the cost of Celebrity transfers to Haneda would be. 

5 hours ago, Oliversgrandma said:

Unfortunately you will be a bit late for Hanami, Cherry Blossom viewing. The Japan Meteorological group announced this week that Cherry Blossoms will be early again this year. They will start in Tokyo on 22 March, and peak on 27 March. In Western Honshu (Osaka, Kobe, Kyoto) they will start a week or two earlier than that. In Northern Japan (Aomori, Hokkaido) they will be a week or two later than Tokyo.

• 4 years later...

Hi 

I am arriving at Haneda on 4th April for cruise starting on 9th April on Milenium and need taxi for one as most of my friends are coming from the USA and I am from the UK.  Does anyone know a reasonable taxi firm to book and then I will need one returning from cruise to airport as the Americans leave later and my plane leaves at 1.15 lunch time.