Airport transfers in New Orleans

happy cruzer

Hi,  Has anyone used the NCL transfer service in New Orleans?  I looked at the web site and the cost is listed as $20 but it does not say if that is one way or round trip.  Anyone know?

I am considering the transfer because of the construction in the New Orleans port area.  I would like to get met at the airport, luggage transferred onto bus, taken to luggage drop off area, and luggage checked without hauling it long distances.  Then the opposite after the cruise.  Does anyone know if the transfer would be better for this than a taxi?  My luck with taxis has been that sometimes they do not know where to drop you off.

Thanks for any advice.

Arrival in NOLA take your luggage to the designated meeting point (curb side outside of baggage claim)

meet with the NCL rep - luggage with cabin tags it is stowed below on the motor coach and given to porter at pier.

About a 30 minute trip from airport to port.

There are several buses based on guests arrival

What I do is arrive the night before stay at local hotel* and use the hotel free shuttle to and from airport and time

my arrival the next day at the claim area to take one of the first NCL transfers.

* airport hotels are generally less expensive than downtown

Luggage with cabin tags is taken by porter and put on ship for delivery to cabin door later.

At pier take carry-on bags and pass thru security - registration and await boarding.

XXX

You can do a walk off with luggage after the cruise but you will wait some time for the buses to the airport.

Otherwise the night before disembarkation tag your luggage place outside your cabin door

Upon disembarking go to the luggage assembly point claim luggage and go as directed to the awaiting buses

to the airport. Luggage is stowed on bus - you claim at curb at airport and take to the airline check-in counter. 

This whole thing is fairly simple straight forward but does require effort to move luggage from one area to another i.e.

Airport luggage claim to waiting bus - pier luggage claim to bus - bus to airline check-in.

If you use a taxi or other shuttle you are still hauling your luggage around.

I don't believe that I have heard NCL (or other private venue) doing a Luggage from cabin door to airline for check-in.

NCL may have improved things since my visit January '15

$20 per person is a great rate for this transfer service.