Haven Spa Suite H9 vs Haven Courtyard Suite H5

Luvmypups

I’m trying to figure out what the differences are in the Haven Spa Suite vs a Courtyard Suite on the Breakaway.  Is it just free access to the Spa/Thermal suite if you have the Haven Spa Suite?  I know the H9 has a whirlpool tub in the room.  Are all of the other amenities the same?  We aren’t big spa utilizers but we have multiple days at sea so I thought it might be nice to have access to the thermal suite.  I know the H9 has access to all of the Haven areas but I wasn’t sure if there is something we would be missing if we were in an H5 vs H9.  Thoughts?

Thanks!

The biggest difference is how important it is to you to be IN the Haven.  Spa suites are not in the haven.  I think they are a nice deal because you get the haven perks and you can use haven facilities, AND you get the spa for free.  DH loves being in the haven, walking past the bar on his way in and out, having concierge right there, hot tub right there, etc.  

Spa suites would be great for a couple that really wants the spa access, and finds that more important than being in the Haven. 

The H5 Courtyard suites are better for getting the whole Haven experience. There were a couple days on our Escape cruise where we barely left the Haven complex. It was wonderful. 

I am just off the Breakaway (Haven Family Suite H-4) so I can't talk from first hand experience about H9 or H5.  H5 seems to be about 20 sq ft. bigger but doesn't have the cool jacuzzi or free thermal spa.

What would concern me about H9 is that it is on Deck 14 forward.  If it is on the port side, there would just be suites above it it which would be fine.  If it is on the starboard side, the gym could be above it.  Being a gym rat, I can attest that the gym did get action a bit before 6 a.m. every day.  I don't know how much of the sound carries to the deck below but I can attest that "we" weren't a quiet bunch.  Often the music was loud at 6 a.m.  

Again, I don't know about specific locations.  You could check the various cabin reviews in the section on this board. 

Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by Mike D.
fix wording again

15 hours ago, Mike D. said:

I am just off the Breakaway (Haven Family Suite H-4) so I can't talk from first hand experience about H9 or H5.  H5 seems to be about 20 sq ft. bigger but doesn't have the cool jacuzzi or free thermal spa.

What would concern me about H9 is that it is on Deck 14 forward.  If it is on the port side, there would just be suites above it it which would be fine.  If it is on the starboard side, the gym could be above it.  Being a gym rat, I can attest that the gym did get action a bit before 6 a.m. every day.  I don't know how much of the sound carries to the deck below but I can attest that "we" weren't a quiet bunch.  Often the music was loud at 6 a.m.  

Again, I don't know about specific locations.  You could check the various cabin reviews in the section on this board. 

Enjoy your cruise.

On the Bliss the H9s are in fact directly below the gym, and I can tell you from experience that, at least the first few days, people are working out at 6am and you WILL hear it in the spa suites, so choose accordingly.  Other than that, the H9s are great--I chose it for the price but in the future I would reconsider based on the location (at least on the Bliss).

Sailed in a Spa Haven Suite on both Breakaway and Getaway - loved it! We’re doing an Aft Haven on theEpic next and purchased spa passes - that’s how much we love the Thermal Spa. Will spend most days at sea and almost every other afternoon there. Getting it as part of the cabin is the best!

Some cabins on the Away class do have the “pole” - but I think I posted a list if you look for it. Some cabins have sofas (which we did not prefer because it was not a comfortable seat for dining), some have a small table and two chairs.

Never had a problem with noise. Didn’t mind being outside the Haven - walked in whenever we wanted. 

Found the whirlpool tub in the room a waste of space - but others must love it.