Pre Cruise Miami Hotel - Pullman or other?

Dcorbinx3

We will be getting into Miami early the Saturday before our April cruise so will have the whole day to sight see.  I can book the Pullman through NCL for around $125.  But when I look at the recent reviews they are all one star!  Has this hotel gone down hill in recent past?  We were hoping to stay somewhere that had free shuttle service to airport and to the cruise port but don't want to stay somewhere that is dirty or terrible!  The other factor is that we do want to do some sightseeing the day we are there.  Are the pullman and other airport area hotels to far for that?  If I am going to spend twice as much on ubers to get anywhere I want to be able to factor that into the cost as well.  Any advice would be much appreciated. This is our first trip to Miami!

Welcome to the boards! :classic_smile:

Forget the shuttles and choose a hotel that meets you needs. To see Miami and Miami Beach avoid airport Hotels and stay downtown or in South Beach. Hampton Inn Mary Brickell is often suggested, has lots of dining and shopping options nearby. Compare to other area hotels, including the Intercontinental, Doubletree, Holiday Inn and various Marriott properties.

Taxi from MIA to downtown hotels will run about $25-27+ or you can use Uber or Lyft for about $15-18. There are a couple of hip on/off bus tours that will let you explore both cities.  Good luck!

Yea, if you have an entire day do what you can to avoid airport hotels. Go stay in Downtown Miami, Brickell or Miami Beach. Check out rates there and come back with hotels that fit your budget. No way is the shuttle worth it. A taxi is around $27 to Downtown from MIA or an Uber/Lyft around $18.00. If you stay at a hotel in Downtown or Brickell and Uber/Lyft to the port will be a 10-min drive, max and cost $10 or under.