Martini Class

2 hours ago, MalteseMama2 said:

Is the Martini Class offered on All ships? Specifically, Liberty?  How much does it cost? Is it worth the money?

Thanks!

Cost for us on Indy was $20 per person and I have not seen this on all ships.

We did the martini class on Harmony this summer. I thought it was definitely worth the money! We had 5 different martinis (smaller versions, but still quite a bit). It was a lot of fun. In fact, I went back again the next sea day and saw quite a few faces from the Wednesday class.  

Cost for me on Harmony in October was $19.95 + 18% tip and it was held in the Wonderland bar. As mentioned above, they serve mini versions of 5 martinis then at the end let us choose our favorite and gave us one full size martini. The bartender was also good about demonstrating variations on request by adding a little extra olive juice to the dirty martini after you tasted the regular version or a splash of extra cranberry juice to the Cosmopolitan for a different taste. There was lots of lively discussion during the class. 

We had about 8 guests and two bartenders. I suppose the quality of the class would depend on the quality of your bartender(s). Ours was great!

Edited by ScubaCat3

yes  $20 pp and you get samples, plus the barkeep in R bar where it was held takes everyones sea card and at the end picks one to receive their favorite full martini glass.  This was on Liberty.  We had so much fun, we took it again on the last sea day.  A pleasant buzz for $20.  Since then, we've signed up on every cruise.  They used to hold them up in the Viking Crown Sports bar that was then transitioned into the Diamond Lounge....lots of fun at the Martini Class!

Edited by BecciBoo

I did not even know they did this.  Definitely will keep an eye open for this on our next cruise.  I Hope it is offered on Brilliance when in the Baltic.  My wife is the martini drinker but I make them 😉  So this might fetch me some extra brownie points 🙂

dp

1 hour ago, ScubaCat3 said:

Cost for me on Harmony in October was $19.95 + 18% tip and it was held in the Wonderland bar. As mentioned above, they serve mini versions of 5 martinis then at the end let us choose our favorite and gave us one full size martini. The bartender was also good about demonstrating variations on request by adding a little extra olive juice to the dirty martini after you tasted the regular version or a splash of extra cranberry juice to the Cosmopolitan for a different taste. There was lots of lively discussion during the class. 

We had about 8 guests and two bartenders. I suppose the quality of the class would depend on the quality of your bartender(s). Ours was great!

Was Sahoo still the bartender on Harmony? We loved him. My favorite was the Peach Jalapeño! I wish I had one now

It sounds like the 5 samples are different at each class. We were not offered a Peach Jalapeño martini but it sounds terrific!

Our five were:

Classic Gin Martini (along with a discussion of shaken vs stirred)

Dirty Martini

Appletini

Cosmopolitan

Chocolate Martini

YUM!  First day we had:

Cucumber Fizz

Red Velvet Cake

Green Goddess

Pomegranate Sidecar

Pure Passion

Second day we had:

Hummingbird

Cucumber Viper

Peach Basil (with muddled jalapeño)

Caramel 

Tie me to the bedpost  😂

Now I really wish I had one!

6 hours ago, monoptn said:

YUM!  First day we had:

Cucumber Fizz

Red Velvet Cake

Green Goddess

Pomegranate Sidecar

Pure Passion

Second day we had:

Hummingbird

Cucumber Viper

Peach Basil (with muddled jalapeño)

Caramel 

Tie me to the bedpost  😂

Now I really wish I had one!

Now I’m hooked! These are flavors worth trying.  How fun!