Moveup Bidding

mfs2k

For those interested, a “Celebrity MoveUp Tracker” spreadsheet has now been set up on this thread.  Go to the “last page” of the message thread to find the link and the “questionnaire” if you wish to participate by submitting your information.  Information being compiled is for both those that do bid and those who decided not to bid.  IF bidding, further information gathered whether the bid was successful, or not.  

Tracker will run for ~ 6 months and after that, will decide if it is worth pursuing for a longer period of time.

OK, question for the participants in this thread.  Have any of you been booked on a cruise with the Big Box store as your TA, and yet still be able to bid under the move up program?  We are booked on the Celebrity Reflection Norwegian Fjords cruise on May 26.  That is now less than 30 days away.  And yet when I go to the Move Up page, I still get the same message as I got outside of 30 days:

Please ensure your sailing is within the next 30 days
Please ensure there are no errors in the information you entered
Email CelebrityMoveUp@celebrity.com for help with eligibility

I did not get an email invitation to bid, but I assumed that is because the Big Box store supposedly does not participate in the program (whatever that means).  But I assumed that I could still participate, by going to the Move Up page myself.  I am just trying to figure out if others booked with the Big Box store have been able to participate, or if the ability to participate is actually disabled for clients of the Big Box.

Tom & Judy

11 minutes ago, toddmanka said:

If you bid on a suite and u have a C2 cabin. Do u keep the 2 perks you have or are you entitled to all the suite perks.?

Please read the FAQ.  You keep whatever perks you currently have.  So no you wouldn't get the 4 perks which is commonly offered on suite bookings.  You do get all the amenities that come with the stateroom (not to be confused with perks), like Luminae, Retreat and in the higher level suites SG and above Prem Bev Package, Unlimited Internet, Laundry, 2 bottles of spirits etc.

And you only get the Captains Club points for the category you originally booked.

Edited by wrk2cruise
  • Like 1

Trying to decide on our upgrade offer bid.  We are currently on an 11 night 6/16 Summit to Bermuda and New England in a C3 cabin and can bid on an Aqua class.  Range is from $50 to $300 per person.  Question is how much would a spa pass cost if we just wanted to purchase it for the day or cruise?  Thanks!  We can also bid on a suite but those are all over our planned budget but we really think we would enjoy the spa and Blu.

Keep watching the prices.  I'm on the 5/26 cruise and booked a XC GTY and was assigned a C3.  Like you I was offered MoveUp to Aqua starting at $50.  I bid $55 a few weeks ago but today noticed the A1 prices had gone down and I was able to upgrade for $30 pp.  Canceled MoveUp bid immediately and did a regular paid upgrade.

They had LOTs of inventory left and dropped prices at the 30 day mark.  Probably close to 10 A1's disappeared in the last 2 days and the non connecting C3 on deck 8 I gave up was gone in a couple of hours.

Edited by wrk2cruise
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Keep watching the prices.  I'm on the 5/26 cruise and booked a XC GTY and was assigned a C3.  Like you I was offered MoveUp to Aqua starting at $50.  I bid $55 a few weeks ago but today noticed the A1 prices had gone down and I was able to upgrade for $30 pp.  Canceled MoveUp bid immediately and did a regular paid upgrade.

They had LOTs of inventory left and dropped prices at the 30 day mark.  Probably close to 10 A1's disappeared in the last 2 days and the non connecting C3 on deck 8 I gave up was gone in a couple of hours.

Thank you. I tried to just do an regular upgrade today but according to my TA we would lose our premium beverage package and onboard gratuities plus $150 on board credit so we kept our C3 and will just bid. If we get Aqua that would be great but if not we are already perfectly happy where we are!!!

10 minutes ago, tomballcruiser said:

Thank you. I tried to just do an regular upgrade today but according to my TA we would lose our premium beverage package and onboard gratuities plus $150 on board credit so we kept our C3 and will just bid. If we get Aqua that would be great but if not we are already perfectly happy where we are!!!

Hmm.  My TA got me upgraded from a 1A to a C1 and from 2 perks to 4 perks all at no extra cost.  And I got to keep my $450 OBC.

• Like 1

On 4/27/2019 at 10:27 AM, TFree said:

OK, question for the participants in this thread.  Have any of you been booked on a cruise with the Big Box store as your TA, and yet still be able to bid under the move up program?  We are booked on the Celebrity Reflection Norwegian Fjords cruise on May 26.  That is now less than 30 days away.  And yet when I go to the Move Up page, I still get the same message as I got outside of 30 days:

Please ensure your sailing is within the next 30 days
Please ensure there are no errors in the information you entered
Email CelebrityMoveUp@celebrity.com for help with eligibility

I did not get an email invitation to bid, but I assumed that is because the Big Box store supposedly does not participate in the program (whatever that means).  But I assumed that I could still participate, by going to the Move Up page myself.  I am just trying to figure out if others booked with the Big Box store have been able to participate, or if the ability to participate is actually disabled for clients of the Big Box.

Tom & Judy

I have my answer.  I got this email response from Celebrity Move Up today:

Hello Mr. ____,

Thank you for your email. Unfortunately [the big box store] has completely opted out of this upgrade program, which means any bookings made through [the big box store] are also ineligible. For any further questions on this or any other upgrades, please reach out to [big box store] directly.

Kind Regards,

Lydia Rodriguez

Celebrity MoveUp Team

This is irritating.  I will have to complain to the big box store and hope they someday change policy on this.  Or just stop using them.

Tom & Judy

20 hours ago, TFree said:

I have my answer.  I got this email response from Celebrity Move Up today:

Hello Mr. ____,

Thank you for your email. Unfortunately [the big box store] has completely opted out of this upgrade program, which means any bookings made through [the big box store] are also ineligible. For any further questions on this or any other upgrades, please reach out to [big box store] directly.

Kind Regards,

Lydia Rodriguez

Celebrity MoveUp Team

This is irritating.  I will have to complain to the big box store and hope they someday change policy on this.  Or just stop using them.

Tom & Judy

Sorry I didn't answer this earlier, Tom and Judy, I was away from cruise critic for a few days.  I was going to post the email I received from Celebrity when I enquired earlier this year.  It was exactly the same as you just received.  I am booking another cruise, but with a travel agency that participated in the "move up" programme.  (Although the cash card was nice to come home to!)